• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong???

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> General >> RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 4.Mar.2003 9:49:00 AM   
SMunn

Sorry,

When I said I've reduced my cache to 512Kb, I actually made a little typo. I really meant 512Mb..

Stuart

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 21
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 4.Mar.2003 9:50:00 AM   
SMunn

Sorry,

When I said I've reduced my cache to 512Kb, I actually made a little typo. I really meant 512Mb..

Stuart

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 22
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 4.Mar.2003 3:05:00 PM   
kevin79

[/QUOTE]Hi Kevin,

Don't just resize it, delete it and recreate it.

HTH,
Tom[/QB][/QUOTE]

I did that and the proxy is still crashing. Now I'm only getting this messages when it crashes:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft ISA Server Control
Event Category: None
Event ID: 14079
Date: 3/4/2003
Time: 8:45:02 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MINSK
Description:
Due to an unexpected error, the service w3proxy stopped responding to all requests. This occurred 18 time(s) in the past 16:34 hours. Try to stop the service or kill the corresponding process if it does not respond, and start it again. Check the Event Viewer for related error messages.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Also, it seems to only crash between 8am-5pm. It doesn't crash at all during the evening.

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 23
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 10.Mar.2003 5:25:00 PM   
ogoza

Hi,

After having disabled the GFIWebMonitor plug-in one week ago, the web proxy hasn't had any more stops, so in my case that fixed it up. I wonder if there have been any other issues with this plug-in. Now I'll enable caching again (since I had disabled it to rule out any caching problems) and see how it behaves.

Thank you so much for your input!

Orlando.

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 24
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 11.Mar.2003 9:57:00 AM   
jmjarvis

Hey Kevin,

Are you also running SP1 AND FP1 ?

Jas

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 25
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 14.Mar.2003 5:24:00 PM   
kevin79

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Jarvis:
Hey Kevin,

Are you also running SP1 AND FP1 ?

Jas

Yes I am.

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 26
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 26.Mar.2003 10:32:00 PM   
Dr.C

Were getting the same error messages. Event ID 14079. Web Proxy just stops. There does not seem to be any pattern to it. It might run ok for 3 hours and then just stop or it may stop in 5 minutes after a webproxy service restart. We did have a problem last week where the ISA server stopped port 25 traffic but that problem has stopped. We do run N2H2 filter on the ISA firewall. Anyone heard of any problems with this? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 27
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 27.Mar.2003 10:51:00 PM   
danahallenbeck

I was having the same problem with my cascaded ISA servers. Both were periodically stopping...with no real symptoms. It ended up being the web filter software we were using. I rebuilt the servers w/Win2k sp2 loaded ISA server and all the ISA and Win2k hotfixes. Then I installed the latest version of SurfControl (our web filter). This fixed the problem. I believe it was the web filter. Under the old configuration, I was able to slow the time between failures by adding all the current ISA and Win2k hotfixes.

Dana Hallenbeck

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 28
RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? - 28.Mar.2003 12:54:00 AM   
Daryl O'Berg

Greetings,

Folks, this sounds like the "Shoutcast" Thing all over again. Dr.C, do you or anyone on your network use winamp? IF any one is connected to a shoutcast broadcast vie the internet it will suck up all the memory on your ISA machine and crash your firewall and or webproxy. Ive heard of a fix for this, but have been unable to find one either from shoutcast or MS. My resolution for now was to just sent out a decree that no shoutcast can be accessed by any clients on my network. As soon as I said that, all crashing stopped.
Good luck!

All the best,

Daryl

P.S. You can check for this by looking at your processes on the ISA box under task manager. Look at WSPSRV.exe if thats using a lot of memory and you can sit there and watch it climb then there is your problem. (Or look at it before you restart your ISA box after your web proxy crashes and look at the mem usage. If its in the 100's of K then Shoutcast is probably to blame.

[ March 28, 2003, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: D_O'Berg ]

(in reply to ogoza)
Post #: 29

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> General >> RE: web proxy frequently stops, what's wrong??? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts