Secure page errors (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Cache] >> General

danahallenbeck -> Secure page errors (18.Jun.2003 7:44:00 PM)

I have looked through the articles and message board messages and can't find anything that sounds like the problem I am having. So, if this is a repeat question, let me appologize up front...

Ok, here is the problem. I have an ISA configuration that looks something like this:
clients-->ISA-->checkpoint-->ISA-->checkpoint-->internet

The ISA servers are running in Cache mode.
When trying to access specific secure sites (requiring a login) I end up with a 401.1 Login Failed error after 3 login attempts. This only happens on the downstream ISA server and clients. The upstream ISA server accesses the site fine. If I point the downstream ISA server's IE proxy settings to the upstream ISA then I can get in fine from the downstream ISA server, but if I point it's proxy settings to itself I can't get into the site again. Again this happens on specific sites...not all secure sites.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dana Hallenbeck

tshinder -> RE: Secure page errors (23.Jun.2003 2:46:00 PM)

Hi Dana,

The upstream is isn't receiving the credentials, or does not recognize them. Are you exercising any access control on the upstream?

Thanks!
Tom

danahallenbeck -> RE: Secure page errors (24.Jun.2003 6:23:00 PM)

Hi Tom,

I agree that the credentials just don't seem to be making it.
I have an upstream rule to allow all IP traffic (it is only in Cache mode) to any site, and then a blocking rule that applies to everybody except the downstream proxy.

Dana

danahallenbeck -> RE: Secure page errors (1.Jul.2003 6:45:00 PM)

I have some ISA log data but have no idea how to decipher it. I don't want to post it here just due to size. Can I email it to you?

Dana

tshinder -> RE: Secure page errors (5.Jul.2003 5:36:00 PM)

Hi Dana,

You don't need a blocking rule. You just need the allow rule. Anything not allowed by the allow rule is denied.

HTH,
Tom

danahallenbeck -> RE: Secure page errors (21.Jul.2003 8:32:00 PM)

Actually, the blocking rule is a SurfControl blocking rule not an ISA rule. It is only set to block Adult material and is otherwise open to all web requests.

Dana

tshinder -> RE: Secure page errors (23.Jul.2003 11:04:00 PM)

Hi Dana,

Oh! OK.

thanks!
Tom

Page: [1]