• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

restrict concurrent connections from a user

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Programming >> restrict concurrent connections from a user Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
restrict concurrent connections from a user - 17.Aug.2004 9:31:00 AM   
We have ISA 2000. We provide Internt access to only selected users. But these users give off their passwords to others to enable others to access the Internet.

Is there a method by which I can restrict the number of concurrent users in the ISA from a single user.

Or is there a way of scripting the connection process so that I can write a script to do this limitation.

Regards
Venkat
  Post #: 1
RE: restrict concurrent connections from a user - 17.Aug.2004 11:51:00 AM   
fesnouf@hotmail.com

I don't see a technical solution...

I had this problem in the past and I fixed this by a company policy such as 'if you give your password' you are responsable of eveything that may happen (non professional sites, ...)

If it is a major problem, you could create another AD (simple PC) and use certificate based authentication. This way you are sure that only the user can authenticate (the user certificate could be on its local machine or in and USB/smartcard) ... but it is only if it is a major problem for you.

Regards

FE

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: restrict concurrent connections from a user - 30.Aug.2004 7:25:00 AM   
liuty2006

quote:
Originally posted by <Venkat>:
We have ISA 2000. We provide Internt access to only selected users. But these users give off their passwords to others to enable others to access the Internet.

Is there a method by which I can restrict the number of concurrent users in the ISA from a single user.

Or is there a way of scripting the connection process so that I can write a script to do this limitation.

Regards
Venkat

try this one -- can tie user with IP address.
netfee for isa server
http://www.netfeesoftware.com

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: restrict concurrent connections from a user - 6.Sep.2004 9:20:00 PM   
Jim Harrison

That won't give him what he asked.

Don't feel bad, though; VenKat is asking for ISA to do what his own management won't; make it paintful to share credentials.

VenKat, you've posted this question in the newsgroups and the list; the answer is the same; quit looking for a technology answer to a social problem.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: restrict concurrent connections from a user - 7.Sep.2004 9:04:00 AM   
munnobhai

Dear,
You can block the access to your ISA port 8080 of users 'you dont want them to use internet' by their IP address / MAC address by a third paty firewall !

Could this solve your problem ? [Confused]

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: restrict concurrent connections from a user - 18.Sep.2004 7:27:00 AM   
Jim Harrison

This won't do it either.
The problem is that his users are sharing passwords.
If you block one workstation or account, they simply move to another computer or use another account, and so on.
His problem is social, not technical.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 6
RE: restrict concurrent connections from a user - 18.Sep.2004 2:44:00 PM   
azfar

quote:
Originally posted by <Venkat>:

Regards
Venkat

what are you trying to do exactly
Restricting conccurent connection by a sigle user or something else.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Programming >> restrict concurrent connections from a user Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts