• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with remote scripting

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Programming >> Problem with remote scripting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with remote scripting - 21.Aug.2005 12:47:00 PM   
Evgeny76

Hello, all!

I've got an ISA2004EE installed on remote computer (remote01), I'm trying to access it's properties from my local machine where management tools were installed. Here is the script -
code:
 set root = CreateObject("FPC.Root")
root.ConnectToConfigurationStorageServer("remote01")
set isaArray = root.GetContainingArray()

This script works fine when executed on remote01 machine, but every time when I run it on my machine 3rd line of it fails with following error message - FPC.Root.1: The system cannot find the file specified.

In ISA SDK I found a possible explanation for this problem -
ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND, indicating that the IFPCArray interface could not be found because the method was called on a remote management computer on which the Microsoft Firewall service is not running. In this case, the [out] parameter returned is a null object.

But I'm pretty sure that on a remote01 machine this service is running!

Any ideas, suggestions???
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with remote scripting - 21.Aug.2005 6:48:00 PM   
ISAServerTools

You will have to install the ISA Management console on the remote computer and add the remote computer's IP address to the Remote Management Computers Computer Set.

(in reply to Evgeny76)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with remote scripting - 22.Aug.2005 4:50:00 AM   
Evgeny76

As I said the ISA2004EE was installed on a remote computer, management tools were included [Wink]
On my local machine I also have an ISA management tools installed, so I can manage remote ISA server installation from my local machine using mmc.
IP address of my local machine is included to 'Remote Management Computers' group, but script still doesn't work.

Does anybody know that is 'Enterprise Remote Management Computers' and am I able to add/remove computers to this set? Maybe this can help?

(in reply to Evgeny76)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Programming >> Problem with remote scripting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts