• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SSL VPN capability

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Wish List >> SSL VPN capability Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SSL VPN capability - 31.Mar.2004 11:54:00 PM   
zvakil

It seems like SSL VPN's are going to be the way of the future for the following reasins
1) SSL vpns dont require any config on the client side
2) NO nonsense of opening outbound ports on firewals since ssl is almost always open

I wish ISA2004 had ssl vpn capbilty

Thanks

Zubin
Post #: 1
RE: SSL VPN capability - 1.Apr.2004 6:04:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zubin,

OWA is an SSL VPN. And there are plug in's that enable full file share and server access controls via the OWA connection.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 2
RE: SSL VPN capability - 1.Apr.2004 6:56:00 AM   
zvakil

Hi Tom

Let me first just say that you do an AWESOME job on the message boards. Ive used this board several times and have got awnsers.

On OWA - You mean "Outlook Web Access"?
I was talking more in terms of functionality of the F5 Firepass, Netsceen SA boxes. You login via SSL and you look at your IPconfig, and you see that you actually get a new ip address on the remote lan. Then one can use any protocol to access resources on the lan.

OWA to me is more of a "publishing" feature, isnt it?

Thanks

Zubin

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 3
RE: SSL VPN capability - 1.Apr.2004 10:09:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zubin,

I looked at the F5 product and they tout a PPP/SSL feature, which sounds interesting.

But, the application specific plug ins they have work the same as those for the OWA and non-OWA plug ins. This is what they generally means by SSL VPN -- application specific access, access control over the applicaton, and no client to install (which is rarely true, its just that the client is installed in the background as a browser helper).

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 4
RE: SSL VPN capability - 26.Jan.2005 11:10:00 AM   
Maunder

Tom,

You mention that there are plugins for the OWA connection which allow full file share & server access control (using SSL VPN's).

Can you point me to them &/or an article on how to configure this?

Thanks,

John

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 5
RE: SSL VPN capability - 14.Sep.2005 4:22:00 AM   
x--

I know this thread is already dead, but was looking for the same information (about the plugins). Any one can help?

Thanks,
X

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 6
RE: SSL VPN capability - 14.Sep.2005 7:31:00 AM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by zvakil:
Hi Tom

Let me first just say that you do an AWESOME job on the message boards. Ive used this board several times and have got awnsers.

On OWA - You mean "Outlook Web Access"?
I was talking more in terms of functionality of the F5 Firepass, Netsceen SA boxes. You login via SSL and you look at your IPconfig, and you see that you actually get a new ip address on the remote lan. Then one can use any protocol to access resources on the lan.

OWA to me is more of a "publishing" feature, isnt it?

Thanks

Zubin

Hi Zubin,

OH! Yes, IP over SSL would indeed be a VERY cool thing. Yes, I agree!

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 7
RE: SSL VPN capability - 14.Sep.2005 7:32:00 AM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by X:
I know this thread is already dead, but was looking for the same information (about the plugins). Any one can help?

Thanks,
X

Hey guys,

Check out Office Anywhere (I think that's they name) from Anywherenetworks.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 8
RE: SSL VPN capability - 18.Nov.2005 4:30:08 AM   
TheCleaner

Just an FYI about the add-ons Dr. Shinder was mentioning...you can find them here:

http://www.everywherenetworks.net

Not quite as good as an SSL VPN solution, but still a decent product.

(in reply to zvakil)
Post #: 9
RE: SSL VPN capability - 18.Nov.2005 2:08:19 PM   
spouseele

Hi guys,

check out the Citrix Access Gateway (former NET6 product) for an interesting SSL VPN solution. Seems quite good!

BTW --- I hope that Microsoft will come out soon with a good and secure RDP proxy component for ISA server (RDP over HTTPS) . If not, they will loose the market...

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to TheCleaner)
Post #: 10
RE: SSL VPN capability - 18.Nov.2005 3:19:31 PM   
tshinder

Hi Stefaan,

Agreed. They need to stop working on their current remote access VPN server and gateway solution. Its great as it is and they can leave it that way (OK, fix some of the stability issues, but as it is, its great). Then start working, as FAST AS POSSIBLE, on an SSL VPN solution. They're far behind on this issue, and they're going to be behind the curve on outbound SSL bridging too. I just noticed that BlueCoat is going to support outbound SSL bridging, which is something the ISA firewall could have lead the way for :(  If they don't do it soon, they'll lose that market too.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Wish List >> SSL VPN capability Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts