Where Used (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Wish List

MonsterMaxx -> Where Used (15.Jul.2004 5:09:00 PM)

It would be nice if there was a 'where used' feature.

That way, when looking/diagnosing a network, network set, computer, computer set, protocol etc... it would be much easier to find where this item is used.

The search should encompase all of ISA
Firewall Policy
System Policy
VPN
Networks

etc

[ July 15, 2004, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: MonsterMaxx ]

tshinder -> RE: Where Used (18.Jul.2004 8:03:00 PM)

Hi Robin,

Great idea! I mentioned to them that a similar query feature would be really useful. Maybe we'll see it in future versions.

Thanks!
Tom

Bunshaw -> RE: Where Used (20.Jul.2004 5:11:00 AM)

This is definitely possible now. Just from looking over the scripts released by MS, I can see it's at least possible to search for protocols. I'm sure much more could be done with the SDK and some time.

tshinder -> RE: Where Used (20.Jul.2004 5:30:00 AM)

Hi Bunshaw,

Yes, I saw a new script up there today that might work for this. I haven't tested it yet, but I will soon.

Thanks!
Tom

Bunshaw -> RE: Where Used (23.Jul.2004 5:38:00 AM)

You probably saw the same script I did. I spent some time fiddling with it and I managed to create a proof of concept version that searches access rules for protocols. If I find more time I'd like to take a look at the SDK and create a broader search unless someone else does it first.

tshinder -> RE: Where Used (23.Jul.2004 2:29:00 PM)

Hi Bunshaw,

That would be great! Let me know if you ever get time to do it and I'd be glad to post the script on this site.

Thanks!
Tom

enricoklein -> RE: Where Used (7.Aug.2007 5:39:01 AM)

Hi,

is there any progress on this? This functionality would be a great addition to ISA!

Greetz,
Enrico

Page: [1]