• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Firewall Appliances >> Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 15.Jun.2005 4:31:00 PM   
AxleMunshine

Hello,

our small business host quite a couple of e-commerce Web site and we use ISA Server 2000 at the network perimiter and are quite satisfied with it.

We are at a point where we will soon need to upgrade our ISA Server. So, I would like to go with 2004, but would also like to have 2 servers in parallel for redundancy.

Our business is quite small and ISA Server 2004 and W2K3 alone (times 2!) costs quite a bit of cash. I could get 2 good servers for about the same amount of the OS and ISA licences. So, I took a look at the appliances listed here. Some seem to be economical. I still want to stick with ISA since I fluent with it and satisfied.

So, my question is: can anyone suggest appliances and/or server/software combinations that would give me the best price/stability/performance ratios?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Axle
Post #: 1
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 15.Jun.2005 9:23:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ax,

This is a good question. I'm going to move it to the appliance discussion section and I'll answer it there.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to AxleMunshine)
Post #: 2
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 15.Jun.2005 9:42:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ax,

The most cost effective solution at this time might be the Rimapp RoadBLOCK. They include Rainfinity's RainWall, which will give you full NLB support on two ISA SE devices at a very good price.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 3
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 15.Jun.2005 10:18:00 PM   
AxleMunshine

Thanks Tom,

that looks interesting!

Axle

Post #: 4
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 16.Jun.2005 4:32:00 PM   
Rickymag

ISA appliances work well [Smile]

RM

Post #: 5
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 17.Jun.2005 7:09:00 PM   
AxleMunshine

Hi Tom (and others),

I took a more in-depth look at Rimapp's roadBLOCK and I was wondering if the devices that include the Rainfinity software can support multiple ISPs using a single box?

If so, it would be great. I could purchase one box now and support multiple ISPs. Then, when I have more cash, I could buy a second one for load-balancing and fault tolerance.

Thanks.

Post #: 6
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 20.Jun.2005 8:12:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Axle,

Yes, you can buy a single RoadBLOCK and get multiple ISP support.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 7
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 21.Jun.2005 12:57:00 PM   
AxleMunshine

Great!

Thanks. I'll probably go with them very soon.

Axle

Post #: 8
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 29.Jun.2005 3:23:00 PM   
Rickymag

Tom this is great multiple ISP bonding [Smile] great:)

RM

Post #: 9
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 29.Jun.2005 10:16:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ricky,

Yes! And at a fraction of the price it would be than if you purchased from Rainfinity separately.

Tom

Post #: 10
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 6.Jul.2005 2:53:00 PM   
tad_braun

Tom,

Without getting you in trouble, would you recommend the RimAPP device over other ISA appliances? I really like the multi-ISP thing (NetEngines doesn't do it) and it seems like they can take most every plug-in available.

Post #: 11
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 11.Jul.2005 6:11:00 PM   
rocco1973

Actually Tad.

We do multi-isp connectivity. It was added to our recent 2.0 release of our NEWS interface.

Best regards,

Dino
NEI Sales engineer

Post #: 12
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 13.Jul.2005 6:38:00 AM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by tad_braun:
Tom,

Without getting you in trouble, would you recommend the RimAPP device over other ISA appliances? I really like the multi-ISP thing (NetEngines doesn't do it) and it seems like they can take most every plug-in available.

Hi Tad,
Each of the vendors have a very different approach, and so you should look into each one. My preferred approach is a white box install -- but that's because I'm 100% ISA firewall, I do it all day everyday, and am very very comfortable with the entire process. For normal admins, an ISA hardware firewall is most often the best bet.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 13
RE: Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 - 26.Aug.2005 10:21:00 PM   
kirkd

Tom,
I am new to the site and ISA Server. We are just starting implementation of the trial versions for Exchange 2003 and ISA 2004 and plan to go Live in Jan ś06. I was going to use some old computers we have to start, but do have approval to purchase whatever hardware we∆ll need to go śLive∆ with these services now.

I purchased your book from Amazon and was looking on the site for info on hardware spec∆s and came across the HP DL320 review. I assumed any device like this would have some limitations in the implementation, but from your review the HP appears to be the end result of anyone performing a white box setup on a server, as you state you prefer based in large part to your experience level.

My question for you is aside from your experience what other reason do you prefer the white box install in the face of a devise like the HP?

Thanks,
Kirk

Post #: 14

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Firewall Appliances >> Help: Purchase recommendations for ISA Server 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts