• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a Win2k domain PC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a Win2k domain PC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a Win... - 28.Aug.2005 12:53:00 PM   
dsatchell

I have a Windows 2000 Pro machine that has GoToMyPC on it and it worked fine before setting up SBS.

I have a clean install of SBS 2003 Premium with SP1, ISA 2004, and Exchange. The system has two nics and does NOT have a hardware firewall.

How do I configure ISA 2004 to allow a connection to come in through GoToMyPC and connect to a Windows 2000 Pro desktop that is sitting on the internal network and is part of the domain.

Thanx, David.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a... - 29.Aug.2005 8:17:00 AM   
ababinchak

The first thing you need to know is which port that gotomypc needs. Then you'll create a rule to allow that port.

The larger question though is why use gotomypc, when you can use the built-in tools?

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a... - 30.Aug.2005 1:34:00 AM   
dsatchell

I don't know of any built in tools for Windows 2000 Pro that will work through ISA 2004 for remote control.

David.

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a... - 30.Aug.2005 4:17:00 AM   
BuddyG

You can use NetMeeting to remote control your Win2000 machines. It's built in. First use RWW to log onto a server or XP box, then NetMeeting from there over to the Win2K box.

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a... - 30.Aug.2005 6:56:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi guys,

GoToMyPC is a SSL tunneling application that effectively subverts network security. I highly recommend NOT using it and using other tools, such as RWW and VPN.

It uses TCP 80, TCP 443 and TCP 8020.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a... - 30.Aug.2005 10:16:00 PM   
dsatchell

I agree that GoToMyPC is a bad thing for many reasons. The problem is that this isn't for me as the administrator but for the accountant that needs access to the machine. Neither I nor the owner of the company wants to give the accountant an admin password or even access to the server and there is no other box on the network. This company is almsot entirely laptop based except for the accounting system, but the accountant doesn't come into the office. Also, I can't change out this PC for a couple of weeks and it's too slow/old to bother with upgrading to XP Pro and I can only get access to the network about 1-2 days out of every week because they are out of town a lot; and since the "office" is the owners house, I can't just get keys.

As far as I know you can't use Win2000 netmeeting without someone being at the PC. So I either have to set up LogMeIn, VNC, or something similar. Since they already have GoToMyPC and are familiar with it then I don't see a good reason to switch.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx, David.

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> How do I set up SBS ISA 2004 to allow GoToMyPC to a Win2k domain PC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts