• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix? - 19.Sep.2005 4:39:00 PM   
dpalmerston@heli-cal.com

Hi -
The serviceman just came in and replaced my SBS2003 SP1 (ISA2000) motherboard (w/embedded nics) with a new one... Guess what? His instructions don't say what to do to get SBS back running....

Well, I figured out getting outgoing Internet access and my e-mail both ways, but...

How do I get my website back visible to external users? It is up internally on https://server, but externally I just get 10060 - Connection timeout.

I ran the ciecw and also check and re-edited the website rule that I have in ISA2000 and restarted.

Please help,

Thanks,

David W Palmerston
Post #: 1
RE: Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix? - 21.Sep.2005 7:42:00 PM   
dpalmerston@heli-cal.com

Help! - has anyone any ideas?

I've followed much of the MS docs on hosting a website on SBS/ISA again, changed the IIS port of the website, checked the access controls, etc - still no luck!

Something must still point to the old (non-existent) MB NIC and not be allowing the real (new one) to be operational...

Suggestions appreciated!

[ September 21, 2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: David Palmerston ]

(in reply to dpalmerston@heli-cal.com)
Post #: 2
RE: Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix? - 22.Sep.2005 9:11:00 AM   
ababinchak

I do seem to recall something about this happening when you change the NIC order. But I can't for the life of me remember the solution. You might want to try posting this to sbs2k@yahoogroups.com. Don't let the name fool you, the group covers all versions of SBS.

Post #: 3
RE: Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix? - 22.Sep.2005 10:29:00 AM   
dpalmerston@heli-cal.com

Thanks Amy, I worked with it some more last night and after removing the external addresses from the NIC and then rebooting and then putting them back into the external NIC, today I have full connectivity! There must have been some little left-over gremlin that just needed clearing out before things would work.

I'll keep the lead to the yahoo group for future needs.

[ September 22, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: David Palmerston ]

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Motherboard w/new nics replace on SBS - how fix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts