• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Terminal Server Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> ISA 2000 SBS >> Terminal Server Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terminal Server Publishing - 8.Sep.2005 3:27:00 AM   
Lanhams

Hello,

I have Windows SBS Server 2003 running ISA Server 2000. The same box is currently running Terminal Services (TS) in remote admin mode and ISA is setup to forward any RDP requests from the outside to this machine.

We have 1 public IP address attached to the ISA server external interface.

Recently i have installed an additional Windows Server 2003 Standard edition member server to the network and have Terminal Services running on it in application mode. I have installed licenses on this TS server so that we can have more than 2 RDP sessions coming into the network. we are moving towards allow employees to work from remote locations more so.

I am having troble getting ISA Server to re-direct/forward RDP requests to the new terminal services machine with the additional licenses. Each time i try something i keep hitting the original Termianl Services machine that hosts the ISA Server.

Internally i can RDP to the new TS machine and the old TS machine quite fine so i know that TS is enabled and working on both machines. I found some informtaion about publishing the new TS machine in ISA but it was specifically for 2 or more external IP addresses and didn't work when i tried it (duh!).

The same paper (from Microsoft) had a brief section of about 5 lines that said to publish the new TS server using a custom port for terminal services but i could not understand it well enough and of course when i tired this it failed.

Please help me, i need to get management of my back about this issue.....!
Post #: 1
RE: Terminal Server Publishing - 11.Sep.2005 12:47:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Luke,

Moving to the SBS section.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Lanhams)
Post #: 2
RE: Terminal Server Publishing - 11.Sep.2005 7:32:00 PM   
Lanhams

Update to the above: - - -

Hello All,

Since posting the above i have tried the following and still the problem exists, but im getting closer.

I re-read and made myself understand what microsoft had in their article and i tried the following which utimley failed but is along the right track i think.

I have changed the port that TS on the new server is listening on, i then created a Protocol Defination for that port, setup a protocol rule that allows access to that port at all times and then created a server publishing rule that uses the protocol defination and is pointing to the new TS server.

I also created a packet filter that allows the new TS port number through and i binded TS on the ISA Server (old TS server) to the internal network interface card. This totally broke TS so i changed the NIC back to the way it was and TS started working again but the same problem still exists. When ever i try and TS into the network i am still getting the old TS server that hosts the ISA Server and not the new one with all the licenses on it.

When using the RDP client from outside the network i have made sure that i correctly specified the right port number and made sure that both routers are allowing that port number to pass through.

Not sure what it is that i am doing wrong here so any help whatsoever would be greatly appricated....

(in reply to Lanhams)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> ISA 2000 SBS >> Terminal Server Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts