• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

port for NTLM

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> port for NTLM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
port for NTLM - 17.Nov.2001 12:56:00 PM   
ahjez

Hi

I need someone from another corporate network which is behind of a Checkpoint firewall to access my web published that requires window integrated authentication.

What port(s) and protocol(s) do I need to release to enable the authentication to work?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ahjez (edited 17 November 2001).]

Post #: 1
RE: port for NTLM - 18.Nov.2001 2:29:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Ahjez,

From what I understand, the authentication request should be imbedded in the HTTP requests. Therefore, you shouldn't need to open any extra ports.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to ahjez)
Post #: 2
RE: port for NTLM - 18.Nov.2001 3:15:00 AM   
ahjez

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear a reply as this is my second posting.

The published website with window integrated authentication is accessible to any users who is connected directly to the Internet eg. via cable or dial up.

But users acessing my website from another network behind their own Checkpoint or ISA firewall are not able to get it. They are using Win98 and IE6.

I have tried changing the authentication methods to include basic authentication. The login dialog prompts three times and then failed to access the website. The dialog shows firewall as the client's firewall host name.

A MS support mentions that basic authentication uses port HTTP but NTLM requires additional ports and protocols to be released on the client's firewall. But he does not specifically mention which ports are those.

Based on the above, is there some ports and protocols that the client's site need to open up?

Appreciate your reply soon as the engineer who is managing the client's firewall will be onsite to do some maintenance work.

Pardon my impatience request as I have been stuck for a while and the other parties are insisting that it is my firewall problem.

Yours sincerely and gratefully,
Jez

[This message has been edited by ahjez (edited 18 November 2001).]

(in reply to ahjez)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> port for NTLM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts