Publish FTP as HTTP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing

Ben Richardson -> Publish FTP as HTTP (17.Jun.2003 11:19:00 AM)

I'm having trouble getting HTTP forwarding to an internal FTP server.

I get an authentication box, which after 3 times not accepting my credentials displays a 401 unauthorised page.

I have an FQDN ftp.internetdomain.com on a separate IP. The listener is configured for Basic authentication only. I have a destination set for my FQDN (path *.*). My web publishing rule uses this set, forwards to an internal IP where FTP is sitting, sending the original host header and delegating authentication. HTTP requests are redirected as FTP.

I have successfully made OWA work through ISA (using SSL) with no problem (Thanks to Tom!).

Any ideas appreciated

[ June 20, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Ben Richardson ]

tshinder -> RE: Publish FTP as HTTP (20.Jun.2003 6:01:00 AM)

Hi Ben,

You don't need to forward the original host header because FTP sites don't care about the host header. The ISA firewall is just going to redirect to TCP 21 on the IP address on the internal network you redirect the request to. Make sure that you're NOT requiring authentcaiotn at the FTP site.

HTH,
Tom

Ben Richardson -> RE: Publish FTP as HTTP (20.Jun.2003 10:42:00 AM)

Thanks Tom, but no cigar.

I disabled forward host header, and allowed anonymous authentication on the internal FTP server. Same problem exists.

In fact it doesn't look like (according to FTP log) that I'm getting anywhere further than ISA.

Any more suggestions much appreciated!

Ben Richardson -> RE: Publish FTP as HTTP (20.Jun.2003 1:17:00 PM)

Hold your horses, it's sorted now.

In my destination set I had ftp.internetdomain.com and path *.*. I changed the path to be empty and now it all works perfectly!

Still confused mind you, but there ya go!

Thanks again for your help Tom

Page: [1]