• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Resolved SSL / OWA, but new auth problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Resolved SSL / OWA, but new auth problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolved SSL / OWA, but new auth problem - 18.Jun.2003 8:14:00 PM   
jeph

Hey all:

By way of follow-up the resolution to my OWA problem was to remove IIS completely from the ISA server and host my two company sites elsewhere. We will eventually move these into the DMZ and call it done. Somehow nothing I did would stop the "all unsigned address" from swiping port 443, and publishing the SSL site to an alternative port just didn't work.

There's some definate truth to the sentiment that IIS shouldn't reside on ISA.

But now we have a new problem, and it's more an annoyance than a real issue. Whenever we hit the OWA site with IE, we get double-prompted for credentials, the first is an integrated login request, the second is a basic request.

The OWA site is set up to accept basic against our domain and nothing else. The listener on ISA has no authentication requirements. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?
Post #: 1
RE: Resolved SSL / OWA, but new auth problem - 20.Jun.2003 6:07:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi jeph,

Inline...

Hey all:

By way of follow-up the resolution to my OWA problem was to remove IIS completely from the ISA server and host my two company sites elsewhere. We will eventually move these into the DMZ and call it done. Somehow nothing I did would stop the "all unsigned address" from swiping port 443, and publishing the SSL site to an alternative port just didn't work.
==>Sigh [Smile] Someday people will buy and read ISA Server and Beyond. I wrote that book so people wouldn't spend hours reinventing the wheel. I put the answer to this question in there!<==

There's some definate truth to the sentiment that IIS shouldn't reside on ISA.
==>That's for sure!<==

But now we have a new problem, and it's more an annoyance than a real issue. Whenever we hit the OWA site with IE, we get double-prompted for credentials, the first is an integrated login request, the second is a basic request.
==>That's in ISA Server and Beyond too!<==

The OWA site is set up to accept basic against our domain and nothing else. The listener on ISA has no authentication requirements. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?
==>Configure the OWA directory for Basic auth ONLY. The details are in that book I wrote just for people like you [Smile]

HTH<
Tom

(in reply to jeph)
Post #: 2
RE: Resolved SSL / OWA, but new auth problem - 20.Jun.2003 1:02:00 PM   
Jason Jones

Are you saying that maybe jeph should buy your book [Wink] [Cool] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(in reply to jeph)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Resolved SSL / OWA, but new auth problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts