• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

500 Internal Server Error-The certificate chain was issued by an untrusted authority

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> 500 Internal Server Error-The certificate chain was issued by an untrusted authority Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
500 Internal Server Error-The certificate chain was iss... - 15.Jul.2003 10:54:00 AM   
Zhmily

Hi all,

I installed 2 sites of networks separated by an ISA server, public and private networks.
In the private, I created a web site running on IIS with SSL (on a microsoft window 2k computer)
and using internal CA service (on another window 2k computer).This makes every web clients have to use HTTPS to access to that web site.For internal clients, there is no any problem for web site accessing even web browser showing warning message
of certificate or not, the web site, finally, can be accessed.

The problem is when external client trying to access web site through web publishing on ISA. I always meet problem like this bottom message.

The Page can not be displayed
500 Internal Server Error - The certificate chain was issued by an untrusted
authority (-2146893019)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server.

Anyway, for normal web site (HTTP), there is no problem. The external clients are able to access via web publishing rule.

To configure network in this style, I follow up to the microsoft document:
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 324167
How To: Export, Install, and Configure Certificates to Internet Security
and Acceleration Server

and also checked at a suggestion of Thomas Shinder on web page: Solving the Dreaded "500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect" Error.

Please, If anybody know what I am facing, give me your suggestion, I'm just
a newmer for ISA system
and took so all week to find out the solution. Thank in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: 500 Internal Server Error-The certificate chain was... - 15.Jul.2003 10:18:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Z,

Make sure the ISA Server firewall has the CA certificate of the CA that issued the Web site certificate in its Trusted Root Certification Authorities machine certificate store. Use the procedures I outlined in the Publishing OWA 2003 series.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Zhmily)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> 500 Internal Server Error-The certificate chain was issued by an untrusted authority Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts