• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Simple website publishing, big headache.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Simple website publishing, big headache. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simple website publishing, big headache. - 30.Oct.2003 10:06:00 AM   
Jimmer33

ISA server with fp1 on Win2k SP4.
I am running a site (i.e: www.mysite.com) on a webserver (Win2kSP4. IIS5) that is not joined to my domain, but has an ip in my internal network.
I just want to publish it...

I'm using Web publishing rule.
The destination set is my website fqdn.
I'm allowing all request, anytime.
My website is a registered one, when I do nslookup I get the public IP of my ISA and my website name.(which is normal).
I have a published Exchange server that is been working just fine for more than a year.
I have allowed all kind of IP traffic for my internal users.
From ISA, internally I mean, I'm able to reach the website.
But that's it, when I dial-up my ISP, and type www.mysite.com, I get after a while "Cannot find server or DNS error".
I know it's not supposed to be hard to make it work, but I'm clueless.

Examining the IPP log, I can see my dial-up IP requesting on port 80, and next to it there's "ALLOWED".

HELP please!
Post #: 1
RE: Simple website publishing, big headache. - 1.Nov.2003 5:59:00 PM   
BenYB

do you have a DNS server in internal network? If you have ISa server in the network, and working out the WEb server, you should change the port of your website other than port 80 at IIS and use ISA server to redirect the webiste's ip address and its ports. If your web server work fine internally, there will be possible to work finely for externally..

I suggest u to ellaborate more on you were setting up the network and any important server such as Web server, DNs server, ISA server.

(in reply to Jimmer33)
Post #: 2
RE: Simple website publishing, big headache. - 7.Nov.2003 3:59:00 PM   
Jimmer33

It appeared later that it was our ISP who had done a restriction (or should I call it misconfiguration?). I should have figured that out when I used nmap and it gave me filtered as status for port 80 (and open for 25). I ended up testing 2 of my webserver directly on the internet(gave them my ISA's public ip) for a couple of minutes, totally bypassing the ISA, and none of them answered on port 80, it was obvious then that my ISP had something to do with it(though I had previoulsy called them to make sure everything was correct!). Anyways, it is now working fine and thanks for your reply and your time, and sorry it ended up this silly.

(in reply to Jimmer33)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Simple website publishing, big headache. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts