• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help needed - Setting up ISA 2004 & IIS6 to host multiple websites through DSL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Help needed - Setting up ISA 2004 & IIS6 to host multiple websites through DSL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help needed - Setting up ISA 2004 & IIS6 to host mu... - 1.Dec.2004 3:12:00 PM   
rmarais

I need help setting up my ISA server 2004. I am running a small network from home and want to host web content via DSL. I have the same setup as described in the http://www.isaserver.org/articles/isa2004beta2.html article. I am running Win2K3 with ISA 2004 on top. This box is also hosting my IIS websites that I want to host via host headers. In South Africa our telecoms provider bounces our IP every night to try and prevent hosting from home. We get away via DNS hosting companies (www.no-ip.com) - hosting our ever~changing IP's for us.

I have installed ISA and configured the internal NIC as the local LAN and the external NIC is connected to the DSL router. Exactly as in the article's picture. By default the ISA config blocks all comms in and out. I have setup the Firewall rule to allow Outgoing traffic - so the LAN and the ISA box can surf. The PAT setup on the router has been done to allow the comms on port 80 through to the correct IP of the ISA server (external NIC). Now....I have tried to get the Posting of a Web server working but with no luck. Could you walk me through the config behind this?

PS. I have had the hosting of the sites working through normal Win2K3 firewall settings, but with the ISA server install it stopped working.

Thanks

Righardt Marais
Software Configuration Manager Righardt.Marais@20twenty.com | mobile +27 82 444 7577 | direct +27 21 481 8538 | www.20twenty.com
Post #: 1
RE: Help needed - Setting up ISA 2004 & IIS6 to hos... - 1.Dec.2004 9:29:00 PM   
rmarais

Hi there, has anyone got some info for my problem? I am struggeling to get these websites visible from outside.
I have now gone ahead and setup DNS local to the W2K3 box with forward lookup for the site I am hosting.
I can now browse this site with host headers from the local box, but not from outside.

(in reply to rmarais)
Post #: 2
RE: Help needed - Setting up ISA 2004 & IIS6 to hos... - 2.Dec.2004 2:23:00 PM   
rmarais

Moved Post to http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000218

(in reply to rmarais)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Help needed - Setting up ISA 2004 & IIS6 to host multiple websites through DSL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts