• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2 external IP's on same NIC not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> 2 external IP's on same NIC not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 external IP's on same NIC not working - 17.May2001 5:19:00 PM   
mjmurphy2000

I have 2 external IP addresses installed on one network card. The problem I'm having is that when I configure each of the (2) websites I'm hosting in IIS w/ one of each of theses IP's, the only site that can be accessed is the site that uses the first IP in the network cards list.

Any ideas?

Post #: 1
RE: 2 external IP's on same NIC not working - 17.May2001 6:18:00 PM   
mmillar

I've had similar problems on a couple of occasions.

1. Make sure you have installed both IP addresses BEFORE you install RRAS or ISA (it is either or both of them causing the problem but I didn't have time to work out which). Run IPCONFIG to see if both of your IP addresses have been assigned. The symptom of my problem was that one of the IP addresses kept saying 0.0.0.0.

2. I also had a 'funny'. Remove the second IP address from the listener, though leave it as 'Configure listeners individually per IP address'. Reboot. Then add the second address. Reboot. It worked for me!

Martin

(in reply to mjmurphy2000)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 external IP's on same NIC not working - 17.May2001 6:31:00 PM   
mjmurphy2000

After doing an IPCONFIG I do in fact see each IP listed under the external card. I don't however know what you mean when you say 'Configure listeners individually per IP address'

Is this in ISA? I'm willing to try this if you can point me in the right direction as to where to find this setting. Thanks !

quote:
Originally posted by mmillar:
I've had similar problems on a couple of occasions.

1. Make sure you have installed both IP addresses BEFORE you install RRAS or ISA (it is either or both of them causing the problem but I didn't have time to work out which). Run IPCONFIG to see if both of your IP addresses have been assigned. The symptom of my problem was that one of the IP addresses kept saying 0.0.0.0.

2. I also had a 'funny'. Remove the second IP address from the listener, though leave it as 'Configure listeners individually per IP address'. Reboot. Then add the second address. Reboot. It worked for me!

Martin

Post #: 3
RE: 2 external IP's on same NIC not working - 17.May2001 6:38:00 PM   
mmillar

Run the ISA Management program.

Right click on your server name - choose properties. Choose the 'Incoming Web Requests' tab. Select the 'Configure listeners individually per IP Address'. 'Add...' your second IP address. Easy.

You know you don't need one IP address per website. If you use host headers you can have as many websites on one IP address as you want.

Martin

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> 2 external IP's on same NIC not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts