• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP won't work - setup by the book! Conflicts?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> FTP won't work - setup by the book! Conflicts? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP won't work - setup by the book! Conflicts? - 11.Jun.2001 9:39:00 AM   
bdblock

Hi, all (Tom?!)

I've set up and re-setup an FTP publishing rule, by all the procedures I've found on this site. It's not working - I get the following message from an FTP client:

"Socket connected waiting for login sequence."

...then the connection closes. When I've got no FTP publishing rule, there's no connection, so I know ISA Server is giving some response.

I've tried it on multiple public IPs, all bound to the ISA Server, with the same results, although every IP has a web publishing rule for an internal server (different IPs on the same website).

Could there be a conflict in routing from all the various web publishing rules? Does it have something to do with creating an array with a second ISA Server (different public IP addresses mapped to different webs on the same internal IIS 5.0 box)? This seemed to work before creating the array and joining the second server, but I had to re-set up everything, and might have missed something important or set up something new that conflicts, although I've no idea what would conflict.

Could it be an authentication problem? I've got basic and integrated authentication methods selected, and the FTP site has allow anonymous turned off, and uses NTFS ACLS for allowing access.

Muchos Gracious for any assistance that can be offered - I'm not sure what else to do...

Bryan

Post #: 1
RE: FTP won't work - setup by the book! Conflicts? - 27.Jun.2001 4:59:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Bryan,

Are you using a Web Publishing Rule or a Server Publishing Rule to publish the FTP site?

Also, have you disabled IIS on the ISA Server itself?

Thanks!

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to bdblock)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP won't work - setup by the book! Conflicts? - 29.Jun.2001 5:15:00 PM   
Paul Tark

Bryan,

Did you ever get this working. I have the same problem and would like to know if you managed to resolve it.

Regards
Paul

(in reply to bdblock)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> FTP won't work - setup by the book! Conflicts? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts