• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to receive mail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Unable to receive mail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to receive mail - 16.Jun.2001 1:59:00 AM   
barrere

Hi. I recently published my E2K server and now I'm not able to receive any incoming mail. I can send outbound mail just fine. I telnet to the port 25 on my external interface and can connect. From there, I can't send mail. It seems that I am missing something very simple but I can't figure it out. I've even tried to stop the SMTP service on the ISA server to no avail. Also, my Internet connectivity is just fine. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to receive mail - 18.Jun.2001 9:00:00 PM   
rtmorgan

exact same problem here. Is your mail server set up as a NAT client or firewall client or neither?

help us!

(in reply to barrere)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to receive mail - 18.Jun.2001 10:38:00 PM   
barrere

Now, since I had IIS on my machine before, I just reinstalled my whole W2K server and reloaded ISA and now I can't send or recieve mail. I followed the wizard and can connect to the Internet. DNS is not an issue. I'm puzzled by this because I followed the instructions step-by-step in Mr. Shinder's book and I'm still get the same errors. I only have one subnet in my private address. I don't think that the LAT is the problem. I uninstalled ISA and I could telnet fine to my router but since I've installed ISA, I can't even telnet to my router. I wish I could help you too, because my problems would go away.

(in reply to barrere)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to receive mail - 21.Jun.2001 4:58:00 PM   
barrere

I've got it working. The only thing that worked is creating a Protocol Rule that is wide open. Meaning allowing all IP traffic for any request. Now create your publishing rules. Restart your firewall service. Make sure that you mail is flowing correctly then disable the wide open rule. Restart your firewall service. It worked for me.

(in reply to barrere)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to receive mail - 28.Jun.2001 6:39:00 AM   
tshinder

Hey Guys,

Be sure to either disable the SMTP service on the ISA Server. That will make a big difference.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to barrere)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to receive mail - 28.Jun.2001 8:22:00 PM   
nowikn

Barrere, I am about to cutover my network this weekend and have about the same configuration as you . . . if you have the time, please review my 'Sanity Check' post and pass along any helpful tips.

Thanks!

(in reply to barrere)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Unable to receive mail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts