• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Incoming SMTP error - HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Incoming SMTP error - HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incoming SMTP error - HELP! - 30.Jun.2001 12:42:00 AM   
Siemieniuk

Hi,

I've recently installed Small Business Server on a server. ISA, IIS and E2K are all on the same box.

After wrestling my way through the socket pooling blah blah blah... I'm so close to having this working it's scary.

My only problem is that when I try and send email, it craps out with the following error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xyz.com', Server: 'mail.xyz.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have setup Outlook express on an outside connection to the internet to test my setup, and sending mail via my exchange server is the only thing that isn't working. I can POP3 and check mail no problem.

Now, I disabled SMTP socket pooling, removed IIS's SMTP service, and I'd try to telnet into port 25 but I can't figure out how to specify the port in W2K's telnet. Also, I have W2K service pack 2 installed, and I haven't yet installed exchange 2000 service pack 1 (I'm still downloading the 3000 install files )

I'm stuck,

can anyone help?

Steve

Post #: 1
RE: Incoming SMTP error - HELP! - 30.Jun.2001 12:48:00 AM   
Siemieniuk

Also,

When I do a netstat -na it doesn't show port 25 as listening at all!

(in reply to Siemieniuk)
Post #: 2
RE: Incoming SMTP error - HELP! - 7.Jul.2001 7:14:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Siemieniuk,

If you are using Exchange 2k, you are going to need to use the IIS SMTP service, because Exchange2k uses it. That is why you don't see port 25 available, because there is no service on the machine listening on that port.

HTH<
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to Siemieniuk)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Incoming SMTP error - HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts