• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server - 8.Jul.2001 2:46:00 PM   
MatthewRoberts

Is there a general resource on doing this? I'm just getting started with ISA Server and want to get incoiming and outgoing mail to and from the internal Exchange 5.5 Server.

I'm used to using Proxy Server 2 and binding the mail ports of the Exchange Server's IP to the Proxy's external interface. I know I need to disable the INI file formerly used and install the new client software on the Exch. Server.

Are Listeners used for my scenario, or will one of the Wizards set it all up and is it just a question of Publishing?

Thanks and I think this is a terrific Web site!

------------------
Matt Roberts

Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server - 8.Jul.2001 9:02:00 PM   
nowikn

Matt, I just implemented ISA server with Exchange 5.5 last week. . . feel free to contact me with any questions.

Nicholas Nowik
NNowik@benesystems.net

(in reply to MatthewRoberts)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server - 9.Jul.2001 6:46:00 AM   
stephen_lee88

Hello Nicholas,

I am also installed an ISA Server in front of the Exchange 5.5, with an internal DNS server use Forwarder to forward to External DNS. I published the Exchanger server using Secure mail server publishing on the ISA.

Now, I can received email, but all outbound mail are queue up on the Exchange 5.5, can't send. My Exchange is set as a SecureNat client, i.e. using the internal NIC IP of the ISA as the Gateway of the Exchange and DNS point to the internal DNS. I can resolve External URL on the ISA using nslookup, but can't resolve external address on the Exchange and internal DNS. Request timeout error occur everytime I am using the nslookup within internal network.

Do I need to publish the internal DNS server and if yes, how to publish it?

I using the netdiag to test the internal DNS, it told me that error on registration, but no error log on the DNS event log. How can I fix the problems?

Best Regards,
Stephen

Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server - 10.Jul.2001 10:59:00 PM   
nowikn

Stephen, drop me an email at NNowik@benesystems.net so we can compare our settings.

------------------
Nicholas Nowik

Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server - 11.Jul.2001 12:40:00 AM   
jgrabiec

Matthew,

First, DO NOT install the Firewall Client on the exchange server. It should be a SecureNaT client only. Other than that (and not using the old MSPCFG.ini files), the mail wizard will take care of it for you.

Stephen,
If you can receive mail, but not send, check the Exchange internet connector, specifically looking at the mail resolver section. If you are using DNS to resolve your mail addresses, then you are probably going to have to setup a protocol rule to allow port 53 (DNS) outbound.

------------------
-=john=-
MCSE,MCP+I,CCNA,CCA

Post #: 5
RE: Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server - 12.Jul.2001 7:48:00 AM   
stephen_lee88

Thanks to Nicholas and John,

I can send mail now, problem fixed. I publish the internal DNS Server and apply the outbound TCP 53, it works.

The most important, I think is patient, it takes time for all amendment take effect.

Rgds,
Stephen

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Exchange 5.5 behind ISA Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts