• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Brute Force Attack" message

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> "Brute Force Attack" message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Brute Force Attack" message - 10.Dec.2001 7:57:00 PM   
ksmith

Hi:

I recently setup an FTP server and exposed it using a Server Publishing Rule. I was able to log in without any problems for a few days, but now whenever I log in (from any ip address), I get the following message:

530 Brute Force Attack, your IP has been looked, and futher access is not allowed.

If I disable, then re-enable the server rule, the FTP server works again.

Any thoughts about what this means and what I can do about it? What does "looked" mean?

Thanks
Keith

Post #: 1
RE: "Brute Force Attack" message - 14.Dec.2001 8:17:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Keith,

I'm not aware of any documentation on this! I assume that the ISA Server initiated this response, but I don't see anywhere where you can control this behavior. Would be interesting to know which alert triggered this, because then you could trigger the Alert to restart the service.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to ksmith)
Post #: 2
RE: "Brute Force Attack" message - 14.Dec.2001 9:03:00 PM   
ksmith

Hi:

I figured this one out... the message is actually being generated by the FTP server itself. I had thought this was the firewall initially.

Thanks for your insight.
Keith

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Keith,

I'm not aware of any documentation on this! I assume that the ISA Server initiated this response, but I don't see anywhere where you can control this behavior. Would be interesting to know which alert triggered this, because then you could trigger the Alert to restart the service.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to ksmith)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> "Brute Force Attack" message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts