• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA + Exchange 5.5 = Headache :(

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> ISA + Exchange 5.5 = Headache :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA + Exchange 5.5 = Headache :( - 29.Jan.2002 12:29:00 PM   
Hi,

I am hoping some one can shed some light.

I have an exchange server on a Win2k box, clients within the LAN can connect fine.

I now need some way (IMAP/POP3/anything) to connect remote machines to the Exchange box.

I have tried using POP3 so far with no luck

I have created ip packet filters to allow POP3/SMTP traffic to pass thru. I have also created a "Secure Mail Server" Rule set with the ISA box.

I am about ready to scream, so if any one has any ideas.

Regards,

Lee.

Post #: 1
RE: ISA + Exchange 5.5 = Headache :( - 29.Jan.2002 1:28:00 PM   
Right,

I have managed to connect a local client to the IMAP4 server, but I still have difficulties connecting remotely thru the ISA box

Lee.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: ISA + Exchange 5.5 = Headache :( - 11.Feb.2002 7:11:00 PM   
hAkron

Intellect,

Can you be more specific about what kind of connection to your Exchange server you are trying to achieve? If you want to use the Exchange Server Service from Outlook to connect to your exchange server over the internet, then I think you're going to be out of luck. If you want to connect to your exchange 5.5 server with SMTP/POP using the Internet Mail Service of Outlook/Outlook Express, you must first verify that your Internet Mail Connector is setup properly and that you can connect to the server internaly. Once you have that working, you'll need to open ports 25(SMTP), 110(POP3), and perhaps 143(IMAP) from ISA to your exchange server.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> ISA + Exchange 5.5 = Headache :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts