• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in Server Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in Server Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in Serv... - 30.Jan.2002 9:48:00 PM   
Kirill

Guys! This is great! See Q311777
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311777)

------------------
Regards,
Kirill
MCSE, Corporate SAP & Network security officer

Post #: 1
RE: How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in ... - 1.Feb.2002 10:11:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Kirill,

I've seen this before, but its not clear what utility this offers. Got any examples?

Thanks!

Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to Kirill)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in ... - 2.Feb.2002 3:34:00 AM   
Kirill

Hi Tom,
For example you have an internal server that does not have a default gateway to Internet for security or other reasons (i.e. none of the corporate routers are configured with access to the Internet because of some policy). Normally in such conditions, you won't be able to access the server from the outside because the source address of the outside request in unreachable.
SP1 and note Q311777 gives you the ability to publish such server so it becomes accessible since the outside source address will be replaced by the ISA internal IP. This way ISA will be doing "NATing" in both directions.
I hope I made it clear. I don't have the clear mind on Friday nights

------------------
Regards,
Kirill

(in reply to Kirill)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in ... - 4.Feb.2002 8:52:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Kirill,

Wonderful! Makes perfect sense.

I've also heard that this feature helps with NLB, although I'm still trying to figure out what NLB problem it solves

Thanks!

Tom

------------------
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here!

(in reply to Kirill)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in ... - 5.Feb.2002 4:49:00 AM   
Kirill

Hi Tom,
Here is the explanation in case you NLB ISA servers, short and very simple :
A packet from Internet passing through ISA server has to return from the same ISA server. Only this ISA server expects a connection and keeps it's state.

Or you were talking about a different NLB scenario?

------------------
Regards,
Kirill

(in reply to Kirill)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in Server Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts