• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

outgoing smtp queued

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> outgoing smtp queued Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
outgoing smtp queued - 15.Feb.2002 9:32:00 PM   
lcarson

I have exchange 5.5 published with secure mail server publishing wizard and working great both in and out!

I have IIS 5 SMTP service to send out web generated email as requested. It worked before ISA, but now everything backs up in the queue directory. I published it just like the exchange server.

Telnet 25 from the IIS box to external smtp servers works. Nslookup works through my external DNS servers to resolve MX records.

Why won't it send?!
Thanks,
Larry

[ February 15, 2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]
Post #: 1
RE: outgoing smtp queued - 15.Feb.2002 10:51:00 PM   
font1975

Hmm...let's check some things. Start the ISA managment console.

I'm not in front of ISA right now so bear with me. You need to go the tab that let's you define "Client Address Sets", i believe it's under Polices or something similar. How many client address sets are there? The mail wizard should have created one for your exchange server, at the very least. If that's the only one listed, right click on it, choose properties, and add your IIS SMTP server's IP address to this client set. This should be all that's needed to get ya going.

If you see two sets, make sure there is one for your IIS machine, and verify it has the right addresses in it.

If you did see a client set for your IIS machine, and it did have the right IP address in there, we need to look at the "Protocol Rules" under "Access Policy".

Make sure the Mail Wizard created a rule that matches the client set for the IIS box. You should at least see the rule it created for your Exchange server. If you don't see a rule for your IIS machine (and you DID have a client set for your IIS machine), you will need to create a protocol rule to allow SMTP traffic to go out through ISA from the IIS box. Just model the rule after the one it created for the Exchange server.

Hope this helps, or if all the rules and client sets look kosher, we may have to look elsewhere. Either way, let us know [Big Grin]

-Mark

(in reply to lcarson)
Post #: 2
RE: outgoing smtp queued - 18.Feb.2002 4:57:00 PM   
lcarson

Mark, Thanks for the reply!

The client address sets seems to be correct, one for exchange and another for the IIS machine with the correct internal IPs.

The protocol rules seem correct as well one for each server with the correct IPs.

I may try (as you mentioned) including the IIS machine IP in the client set for exchange and see if that get it working.

Any further help is apprectiated!
Thanks,
Larry

(in reply to lcarson)
Post #: 3
RE: outgoing smtp queued - 18.Feb.2002 9:17:00 PM   
lcarson

Well, everything seems to be working fine now. Don't know what changed but it started working this morning. I had to tweak IIS just a bit as it could only send email to external domains, but all is well.

Thanks for the help!
Larry

(in reply to lcarson)
Post #: 4
RE: outgoing smtp queued - 22.Feb.2002 3:06:00 AM   
font1975

Ah..one of those magic "fixed itself" deals, eh? I swear that is probably an undocumented MS feature! [Eek!]

Glad to see it's working for ya now. [Cool]

-Mark

(in reply to lcarson)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> outgoing smtp queued Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts