• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 20.Feb.2002 4:15:00 PM   
o11y

Our ISP issues a DHCP address, causing our IP external address to change frequently. When publishing a server, ISA needs the external IP address.

This is a real pain, as I need to manually update each server publication everytime we get a new IP address.

Is there a way around this (apart from obtaining a static IP Address?!)

Cheers,

Olly.
Post #: 1
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 22.Feb.2002 7:02:00 AM   
jmunyan

Why not get a linksys router and let it take care of the dhcp. I have dhcp too with 4 day leases but have managed to keep the same address for several months. By default DHCP tries to renew the same address several times.

John

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 2
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 28.Jul.2002 10:44:00 AM   
Busta

Sorry for replying to a very old thread but this thread lays out the exact same issue I am having. I also have a dynamic ip and its really tedious work to manually update every published server external ip. My setup is slightly different though.

My ISA server is set to automatic re-dial on connection drop via a dialup-entry (Pacbell ADSL using rasPPPoE)..on every reconnect I am assigned a new ip address. Is there any way to automatically update all published server's external ip address? on discovery of a new external ip address?

any help would be appreciated

jmunyan, Do you have a cable connection? cable ISP's tend to reserve/bind an ip to your nic's mac address..thats probably the reason you have been able to lease the same ip for so long. DSL ISP's do not have that same setup..the longest I can lease an ip depends on how long I can stay in synced/connected :|

[ July 28, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Busta ]

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 3
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 28.Jul.2002 11:00:00 AM   
Busta

[Smile] looks like ive found a fix..Testing it out now..I'll report back if it actually fixed this issue.

What I'm testing now is a vb script I found posted on another similar thread to this one.

ftp.tacteam.net/isaserver

isafix.zip
A script that may be the answer to many peoples dreams. Reconfigures the external interface IP address in Server Publishing Rules for users with dynamically assigned IP addresses. There is an info.txt in the .zip you must read. I have not tried this so please post to the message boards if you have tried it and it works for you!

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 4
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 28.Jul.2002 11:53:00 AM   
Busta

Well It worked flawlessly ..I could of used this a year ago [Wink] this will definetly save me alot of time [Wink]

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 5
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 29.Jul.2002 6:40:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Busta,

Good to hear the script is working out for you!

Thanks for the follw up.

Tom

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 6
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 5.May2003 7:48:00 PM   
cmuller

Does anyone have this VB Script they can send me?

Thanks

cmuller@us.ibm.com

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 7
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 6.May2003 1:59:00 AM   
jlyon

It is on www.isatools.com

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 8
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 6.May2003 2:15:00 AM   
jlyon

Sorry,,,,,it is isatools.org

Courtesy of Jim Harrison!

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 9
RE: Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address - 27.May2003 2:39:00 PM   
cmuller

I there a reason I receive a message no external IP address when I try to create a mail server publishing rule??

(in reply to o11y)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publishing Servers with External DHCP IP Address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts