• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 5.5 and ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Exchange 5.5 and ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 5.5 and ISA - 21.Feb.2002 5:39:00 PM   
ehowf

Hi…

Problem understanding how to configure TCP/IP for both my Exchange Server and ISA.

On my Exchange server, I set the default gateway to point to the ISA server. This default gateway normally points to an interface on a router which connects 7 remote offices.

On the ISA server, the internal NIC was set with the IP address for this particular subnet, appropriate subnet mask and no default gateway. The external NIC is configured with IP’s associated with our ISP, including the ISP’s DNS servers.

Everything worked great—was able to send and receive email with no problems.

However, any computer outside of the subnet where the ISA server and Exchange server reside are not able to communicate with either the ISA server or the Exchange server.

For example, all PC's located on the 10.1.1.0 network were able to send and receive both internal and external mail. PC's located on the 10.1.5.0 subnet were not.

Once I put the default gateway on the Exchange server back to the router interface, then no email could be sent or received.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 5.5 and ISA - 22.Feb.2002 7:38:00 AM   
jmunyan

ISA needs to know about internal not directly connected subnets.

route add -p x.x.x.x mask x.x.x.x (next hop router)

John

(in reply to ehowf)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 5.5 and ISA - 22.Feb.2002 8:48:00 PM   
andytnguyen

Hi John,
Do you know how to troubleshoot Outlook Web Access for Exchange 5.5 through ISA?

Thanks,
Andy Nguyen
anguyen@cciusa.org

(in reply to ehowf)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Exchange 5.5 and ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts