• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange Instant Message......

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Exchange Instant Message...... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange Instant Message...... - 29.Mar.2002 9:10:00 AM   
jinkostas

Hello to everybody

Has anyone manage to publish the Exchange Instant messaging Serive to the internet???
Behind the firewall (ISA) users can chat end sed and receive files
Outside the firewall (Internet) i managed users to logon tou IM Service baut they cannot talk

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange Instant Message...... - 29.Mar.2002 7:05:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jinkostas,

There's no documentation on this. I guess you would have to find out what protocols are required, and then create server publishing rules for those protocols. That's a start. If it still does not work, then it might be time to run it up to PSS.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to jinkostas)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange Instant Message...... - 2.Apr.2002 8:33:00 AM   
jinkostas

Hi Tom

Everyone says that it is very easy to Setup IM on Exchange ( but it isn't ).Anyway...
The Exchange Instant Message Requires Port 80
So i succesfully made a normal publish like we do for a web server. The only think that we have to do is when we are creating the Destination Set we have to add ( like the owa ) /instmsg/aliases/*

End it was a Success....

All the People form the INternet can connect to our IM Server..

The only problem we have is users which
connect to IM trough another ISA on another network.
When the people are connecting or chating the process is on the IIS log of the Web Server on IM but for the people that are on another network behind an ISA Server They NEVER reach that web server.... ( nothing on the log ) the client requires authentication all the time.
Ath the begening the client says to look the settings for socks4 or socks5, i dodn't use socks and when on the settings of the browser i add to bypass proxy for the particular server the client shows me the username and password dialbox but on the log of the IIS server nothing they never reach the web server those requests...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

(in reply to jinkostas)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange Instant Message...... - 5.Apr.2002 9:00:00 PM   
rogard

read a while back that to publish im properly you have to setup your domain properly..ie if you domain has a dot in it (im thinks its fqdn)
you have to setup a srv record in the dns that points to your im server

(in reply to jinkostas)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Exchange Instant Message...... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts