• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet with Isa

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet with Isa Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet with Isa - 11.Apr.2002 10:25:00 AM   
d_watson

I installed Win2k,Exchange 2k & Isa server on the same server(of course it's dc with dns,I know it's not a good idea).
System was ok before I installed Isa.Afer I installed Isa server and restart system,I found tcp port 25(smtp service) was taken by Isa,and my exchang 2k's virtual smtp server was shutdown.Only to stop Isa service and then start exchange's smtp service ,exchange could work.But still no mail out.
I try to publish the exchang 2k by secure mail server &publish a server in Isa.But nonting change.
So what shall I do now?
Please help me!
Post #: 1
RE: Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet wit... - 13.Apr.2002 7:51:00 PM   
zamirl

This should be simmilar to an SBS 2000 configuration. At the moment I'm at home, and can not inspect an SBS 2000 server, but I assume that what should be done is creating a packet filter that allows both inbound and outbound SMTP connections.

Try that if you are planing on testing this stuff today. I will check back on this issue and post a more "checked" answer tommorow (I hope).

[ April 13, 2002, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Liran Zamir ]

(in reply to d_watson)
Post #: 2
RE: Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet wit... - 25.Apr.2002 10:29:00 AM   
andyhd

Any feedback on this would be of great help...

Thanks.

(in reply to d_watson)
Post #: 3
n.a. - 15.May2002 10:22:00 PM   
john123

n.a.

< Message edited by john123 -- 15.Jun.2006 9:02:54 PM >

(in reply to d_watson)
Post #: 4
n.a. - 15.May2002 10:23:00 PM   
john123

n.a.

< Message edited by john123 -- 15.Jun.2006 9:01:46 PM >

(in reply to d_watson)
Post #: 5
RE: Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet wit... - 15.May2002 10:40:00 PM   
Abraham

Hi.d_watson

You donŠt need another SMTP VS, all you need is to
use the secure Mail server Wizard to enable the SMTP Port(25), POP3(110).This wizard creates the Protocol Rules for Messaging.

If the problem persist try this:

Add a second Domain Name System (DNS) packet filter for the outbound Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) port 53:

Name: DNS TCP
Allow Packet Transmission
Custom: Protocol: TCP
Direction: Outbound
Local port: All ports
Remote port: Fixed port
Remote port number: 53
Default Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for each external interface on the ISA Server computer
All remote computers

Regards

(in reply to d_watson)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Help me:Exchange 2k can't send mail to Internet with Isa Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts