• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems With Publishing Terminal Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Problems With Publishing Terminal Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems With Publishing Terminal Server - 10.Jul.2002 2:55:00 PM   
Zapper

Hi all,

Please help. I followed the article to the letter on how to publish a Terminal Server through the ISA Server.

When I type the domain address /twseb in Internet Explorer 5, I can get to the logon screen for terminal server where you select the server you want to attach to.

Once I type in the server name(I have also tried IP address) I get the following error displayed in Internet Explorer.

"-2147417848 (0x80010108)" Thats all I ever see.

I get the same error if I try it from the internal network.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Problems With Publishing Terminal Server - 12.Jul.2002 6:07:00 PM   
Zapper

Bump,

I have solved my first problem by re-installing IIS.

But I now have a different problem,

When connecting to domain.name/tsweb I get the Terminal Server logon screen, [Smile]
I then type in the name of the Terminal server that I want to connect to, I grt a VB SCript box opening with the following error " Error connecting to terminal server: XXXX"

If I try the same thing from a client on the internal network, it all works 100%.

I do have WINS and DNS installed on the internal network and it seems to work 100%.

Any ideas?

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems With Publishing Terminal Server - 13.Jul.2002 7:19:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zapper,

The name or address has to be accessible from the external network. For example, if you type in SERVER22 for the name of the server, that name will have to be resolvable to the IP address used in your RDP publishing rule. Since SERVER22 is an unqualified name, the client will likely appended its own domain name to fully qualify it. If the client belongs to "domain.com", then it will send SERVER22.domain.com for resolution. You won't be able to connect if SERVER22.domain.com doesn't resolve to the address you used in your RDP Server Publishing Rule.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems With Publishing Terminal Server - 16.Jul.2002 1:27:00 PM   
Zapper

Thanks for the reply Tom,

I think I am beggining to understand. [Confused]

Firstly I have not mentioned that my internal Windows 2000 domain is different to my external internet domain name.
Is this the reason why I am unable to connect to a terminal server from an external internet client?

If this is the case -
How do I resolve the terminal server's name (that I enter on the Terminal Server Web Connection screen) and the external clients domain name which the client appended to the server's name, to the internal terminal server's IP address as I have entered it into the RDP Server Publishing rule?

I have also tried to enter the internal IP address of the terminal server I want to connect to but end up with the same result all the time.

As far as I can tell, my Web publishing rule must be working as I am able to get to the Terminal Server Web Connection screen and to my OWA logon screen as well as my internal FTP site form an external internet dialup client.

I just can't attach to the internal terminal servers to remotely administer them.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and patience.

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Zapper,

The name or address has to be accessible from the external network. For example, if you type in SERVER22 for the name of the server, that name will have to be resolvable to the IP address used in your RDP publishing rule. Since SERVER22 is an unqualified name, the client will likely appended its own domain name to fully qualify it. If the client belongs to "domain.com", then it will send SERVER22.domain.com for resolution. You won't be able to connect if SERVER22.domain.com doesn't resolve to the address you used in your RDP Server Publishing Rule.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems With Publishing Terminal Server - 16.Jul.2002 11:36:00 PM   
darmok

Hi,
have you tried using the external IP address? I have the same configuration and it works, however I can only connect to the ISA box thru TSAC and then I use terminal services client from there to access my other servers, works for me.

regards

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems With Publishing Terminal Server - 19.Jul.2002 8:07:00 AM   
tshinder

Hey guys,

Yes, its doesn't matter what the server's name is, as long as you can access by IP address. The name is going to be the public DNS name, which can be the same or different the internal network domain name, depending on how you have your DNS infrastructure configured.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Problems With Publishing Terminal Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts