Accessing OWA over the internet (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing

mojoman369 -> Accessing OWA over the internet (1.Aug.2002 3:14:00 AM)

I have read every article I can find that has issues like mine, but they all seem to be a little different.

First off I can access OWA just fine inside the network. My configuration is Win2K ADV Server, with ISA and Exchange on the same server. I have 2 nics. One Private IP and one Static IP. I can ping my server remotely after I set up ICMP query.
I also have set up my publishing rules and destination set just like the article in the learning zone suggests. I am curious of one thing though. Under the Web Publishing Rules there is a default setting that denies everything. I have tried to remove it, but it will not let me. Maybe something, maybe not.

Another thing that I have checked is that my incoming web requests listener was set up to my external ip address.

As of right now when I try to access the site remotely using the ip address or fqdm, which is registered, I recieve cannot find server error.

Please help me, my life depends on it

mojoman369 -> RE: Accessing OWA over the internet (1.Aug.2002 3:51:00 AM)

Ok, I just got in but I dont think you are gonna like how i did it. I set up a IP Packet filter and allowed all requests to come through. I know, I know. A dumb thing to do, but I was running out of ideas and just started playing. Well as you know Im wide open to a attack now. So if there is any suggestions on what IP Packet filters I need to open up, please let me know. But right now Im gonna disable that damn wide open filter, it is scaring the hell out of me.
TIA

mojoman369 -> RE: Accessing OWA over the internet (1.Aug.2002 3:56:00 AM)

Its me again. Well kabamm, just figured it out. I set up a Packet filter for HTTP port 80, duh. I dont know why I didnt think of that sooner. Well its all good now. Thanks to all those that would have replied.

tshinder -> RE: Accessing OWA over the internet (3.Aug.2002 7:55:00 PM)

Hi J,

Is the OWA server on the internal network? If so, you should *never* need to create a packet filter to support publishing that OWA Server. You can use packet filters on the ISA Server if you have the OWA server on the ISA Server itself.

Thanks!

Tom

Page: [1]