• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA through ISA server: HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> OWA through ISA server: HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA through ISA server: HELP! - 1.Aug.2002 7:06:00 PM   
robskinner

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Here is the current setup at our office network.
We have an ISA server with two nics (cache and firewall running). Our Exchange 5.5 server sets on the internal LAN with ip of 10.x.x.x. The Exchange server binds to port 25 on the ISA to transfer Internet Mail using the Internet Mail Connector included with Exchange (IMC). Works fine.

IIS 5.0 is also running on the ISA server hosting our company web sites listening on port 80.

OWA web access is also installed on the Exchange server <mailserver> and I can connect to it from the local LAN (10.x.x.x) by typing http://mailserver/exchange. All works fine that way.

My problem is that I cannot get OWA to work over the Internet (from outside of our LAN). I have followed the instructions from Microsoft in article ID: Q290113 "How to Publish Outlook Web Access Behind Internet Security and Acceleration Server". I created the appropriate destination set in ISA server by using "intranet.domain.com" as the URL that clients use to connect to OWA. This URL points to the outside IP address on the ISA server. I then created the appropriate publishing rule as described in the knowledge base article but cannot get it to work. When I type http://intranet.domain.com/exchange I get a "Page cannot be found" message.

Do I have to install OWA from the Exchange 5.5 install CD on the ISA server? If so, what is involved in configuring it on the ISA server?

Thanks for you help.

Rob Skinner
Post #: 1
RE: OWA through ISA server: HELP! - 3.Aug.2002 7:39:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Rob,

You should not have to install OWA onto the ISA Server, as that would only make the problem worse! [Big Grin]

Is OWA installed on the Exchange Machine? You don't necessarily need to create the paths, such as /exchange /exchweb, etc. for publishing the Exchange Server. Just publish the server using a Web Publishing Rule and see how that works.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to robskinner)
Post #: 2
n.a. - 8.Aug.2002 9:53:00 AM   
john123

n.a.

< Message edited by john123 -- 15.Jun.2006 8:55:41 PM >

(in reply to robskinner)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA through ISA server: HELP! - 8.Aug.2002 4:43:00 PM   
Stoopid

Maybe I'm missing something here, but wouldn't the problem be that there is IIS operating a website on the ISA server?

I would think that would be intercepting all requests to port 80.....

What I would do is reconfigure the incoming web-listener to take a higher port, and instruct clients to use that port in their OWA request.

Bruce.

(in reply to robskinner)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> OWA through ISA server: HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts