• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> SMTP Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Problems - 6.May2003 2:08:00 PM   
liquidkristal

I am running an exchange 2000 server, which hosts a few domains worth of mail (different domains are hosted there)

I have got port 25 forwarded to the sevrer and it works fine for 1 of the domains on the server, but all the others are not receiving any mail the sender doesn't receive any bounceback, and no mail is received by the administrator account (all bad mail is set to go there)

Any Ideas.

edit: the only mail that is making it in is coming through the backup server for that domain. (all the other domains do not have a backup server.. do I need to enable replys to ping requests on the external interface of the ISA server).

Please help.

[ May 06, 2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: liquidkristal ]
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Problems - 6.May2003 11:24:00 PM   
jeff.jackson@rbza.com

I did not have to enable ping requests in order to receive mail. Although I did have a problem from a couple of old systems that wanted to perform and IDENTD query before opening the SMTP session. The ISA server comes with an IDENTD spoofer that is buried on the ISA cd somewhere. Once I installed and enabled it, my few problems went away.

When you telnet to the forwarded ip address on port 25, can you:

HELO <SP> <domain> <CRLF>

MAIL <SP> FROM:<reverse-path> <CRLF>

RCPT <SP> TO:<forward-path> <CRLF>

What is the response when you attempt to address the RCPT TO: to one of the domains not receiving mail? Do you get something like:

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain

If you do, then you need to setup recipient policies in exchange for all of your domains.

If you can get that through your ISA server to your exchange server, than all the connections are good. Then you would need to look at your DNS records and make sure you MX records are correct.

(in reply to liquidkristal)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> SMTP Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts