• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server Publishing and Web Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Server Publishing and Web Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server Publishing and Web Publishing - 22.May2003 12:16:00 PM   
dritani

Hi,

Can Server Publishing and web Publishing work together. For now i have set up a Web Publishing Rule for the sites. Like this IIS NLB does not work roperly because all the request are comming from the internal Firewall ip address.

I would like to set up a Server Publishing Rule and with External Firwall Ip address and IIS NLB ip address (internal). At the moment i don't like to dlete the Web Publishig Rules.

Can they work together OR is any possibility haveing any problem by having for the same website Server Pulishing Rules and Web Publishing Rules????

Thanks for yoru time

Dritani
Post #: 1
RE: Server Publishing and Web Publishing - 27.May2003 5:20:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Dritani,

Can you give some examples of what you're trying to accomplish? I'm not clear on what youre requirements are.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to dritani)
Post #: 2
RE: Server Publishing and Web Publishing - 27.May2003 10:15:00 AM   
dritani

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help.

I have installed a NLB on two machines for IIS. At the moment seems that only one machine is handling the requests, if I restart one machine, then the other one start and answering the outcome requests.
All websites that these two IIS NLB machines are hosting have a Web publishing rule on "Firewall" machine. I am thinking now that the reason the IIS NLB is not balancing the requests between two machine is that for NLB every thing is coming from the same IP address (internal IP address of "Firewall").
For publishing the sites I use Web Publishing rule.
If I use Server Publishing Rule the entire request will have the address from they come from and NLB will be able then, to balance these request on both machines.
I have about 10 sites the are running on the same IIS NLB (using web publishing rules) Can I start to use on some of the websites Server Publishing Rules and on some of them Web Publishing Rules ???

I tried for one website, disable the Web Publishing Rule and then created a Server Publishing Rule but didnĘt work.

Hope that I have explained my question 

Thanks again for your time.

Dritani

(in reply to dritani)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Server Publishing and Web Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts