• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing - 26.Aug.2003 10:12:00 PM   
tshinder

This thread is for discussing the secure POP3 server publishing article at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/securepop3pub.html

Thanks!
Tom

[ August 30, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: tshinder ]
Post #: 1
RE: Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing - 20.Jan.2004 9:54:00 AM   
Hi,

I just wanted to say an insanely HUGE thank you to Dr. Shinder for this article. I'm pretty new to the whole concept of administering Exchange Server. I had Exchange 2000, which I learned just well enough to get by when I initially installed it last July.
Upon upgrading to Windows Server 2003 last night, I also upgraded to Exchange 2003. Everything seemed to be functioning perfectly, except that I could not figure out how to enable my POP3 server. I KNEW that it must be something so frustratingly simple, yet I just couldn't figure it out. The whole relationship between the DNS, Exchange, and IIS is still a tad confusing to me.
Microsoft's help files are wonderful, but they assume that you already grasp the very small details of setting everything up. Unfortunately, I'm still learning, so this was not the case.
After literally HOURS of futilely searching their help database for every possible combination of "enabling POP3 virtual server in Exchange 2003", I did a Google search and came across your article.
I followed the steps, and of course, it now works perfectly. Thank you SO much for posting this article, and for helping me with my problem. I was getting so frustrated, and this just made my night. I'm definitely recommending your articles to everyone!

Thank you again!
--Cali
cali@califord.com

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 2
RE: Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing - 17.Mar.2004 8:41:00 PM   
I have to resort to desperate measures and I don't know if you will be able to provide any insight, but here I go:
I just installed Exchanger Server 2003 on Windows server 2003. We currently use a company to host our internet based POP3 mail server and I don't know what to do to set up Exchange to look at the mail server; I can't find a place to put the mail server name or the IP address. I do have the Default POP3 Virtual Server started but IĈm not sure if that is the way to do it because we are not the server. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 3
RE: Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing - 14.Oct.2004 2:33:00 PM   
Hello Tom,

Very good article. Very well'n'easy-written. We are about to install an Exchange server, and we are collecting a lot of information now. I have read a lot, but it is still hard to decide how the implementation should look like, and where to put the Exchange;
- in the DMZ and open a lot of ports between the DMZ and local network
- or in the local network and use a mail relay in the DMZ. But if I want to use OWA from the Internet, I have to open port 80 into the local network, or put a front-end server in the DMZ and then open some ports between DMZ and the local network.

Most user will use Exchange over VPN, but we have (only) two clients who will use pop3, and sometimes we all want to use OWA. I have some MS Press, but I can't find a "Best practise" in different cases, just a lot of hard core information.

Maybe you could give me some advice according to this. We use a hardware-firewall from watchguard by the way.

When I found the MSexchange-site I was thrilled - what a great site, and a lot of easy-to-understand information and guides.

Best regards
/Mikael S÷rensson

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Discussion of Exchange 2003 Secure POP3 Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts