• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: outlook express not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> RE: outlook express not working Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: outlook express not working - 13.Sep.2003 7:56:00 PM   
itclown@mailbox.co.za

ive installed the firewall client on the securenat client and thats working 100% but thats not what i want. Wonder hwy securenat giving me such a headache.

Now with the firewall client installed i can see the logs when i telnet into smtp + pop in the firewall service log. Does this meen there is something wrong with my DNS? If so what can it be cuase all you need to do is create a forwared to ISP's DNS and off you go or is that wrong?

[ September 13, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: ITClown ]

(in reply to itclown@mailbox.co.za)
Post #: 21
RE: outlook express not working - 13.Sep.2003 8:04:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi ITClown,

I would like to know it too! [Big Grin]

As suggested before, I would take a Network Monitor trace at the ISA internal interface to find out what is happening on the wire.

HTH,
Stefaan

Post #: 22
RE: outlook express not working - 13.Sep.2003 9:39:00 PM   
itclown@mailbox.co.za

My internal DNS can resolve FQDN's and nslookup is working there aswell but nothing in the Firewall log only thing that apears in the firewall log is the firewall client and the logs when i created the ip packet filter on the isa server.ill try and run a trace later on the internal adapter.Do you think my DNS is screwed that this is happening? But dont securenat clients resolve names on their own and all u need is the forwarder to isp?

Post #: 23
RE: outlook express not working - 13.Sep.2003 9:44:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Clown,

I haven't read this entire thread, but it sounds like you want to use a SecureNAT client to acces internal resources. If so, you MUST not loop back through the firewall to do this.

You'll need a split DNS so that internal client connect directly to the internal resources and not go through the firewall.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 24
RE: outlook express not working - 13.Sep.2003 10:28:00 PM   
itclown@mailbox.co.za

Hi

i want my securenat clients (internal)to access their email externaly thats hosted by the ISP. My DC has a internal DNS with a forwarder to the isp's dns. The securenat clients work fine untill they want to access their email with outlook express. If i install the firewall client on the securenat client everything works 100%. If i create a ip packet filter on the isa server and i access email with outlook express on the isa server it works fine. If i try access it from a securenat client it doesnt want to work. I also cannot telnet into pop + smtp from securenat. With firewall client no problem. Any idea?Thanks.

Post #: 25
RE: outlook express not working - 14.Sep.2003 10:26:00 AM   
itclown@mailbox.co.za

Hi Guys

Thanks a stack for the help its working. Im not 100% sure what i did but its working. I'll go over everything i did next week and post what i did. I created a reverse lookup on dns. I did the chainges with the dialup then bounced the box. Then i read over the split dns and deleted my root hints and it worked. But i see all the root hints are back again some how. Ill do the steps one by one untill it works again. THANKS. i dont think you have a smiley face big enough:).

Post #: 26
RE: outlook express not working - 14.Sep.2003 11:16:00 AM   
spouseele

Hi ITClown,

very glad to hear you got it working! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

I guess that the MSKB article for enabling Dial-Out Access did the real trick. Maybe it was neccessary to bounce the ISA server too before the modifications become fully operational. In any case, let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Stefaan

[ September 14, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: spouseele ]

Post #: 27
RE: outlook express not working - 16.Sep.2003 6:02:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Clown,

Good to hear you got it working and thanks for the follow up!

Tom

Post #: 28
RE: outlook express not working - 19.Sep.2003 11:08:00 PM   
itclown@mailbox.co.za

Hi guys

I went over my steps and the link that Stefaan gave did the trick about the dialup. I had to bounce the isa server for some reason to get the modifications operational.

My config is as follow:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the isa server i have a caching only DNS with a forwarder to my ISP's DNS. My DC has a DNS with a forwared to the caching only DNS. My isa server is configured in the link Stefaan gave me for the dialup and everything is working 100%. My final question about this topic is is this configuration i have here a good one or wont u recomend it?Thanks for all ure help.

Regards

Post #: 29
RE: outlook express not working - 19.Sep.2003 11:38:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi ITClown,

yes, it is a very good configuration! [Smile]

BTW --- in my experience, whenever you changed something in the network configuration, it is better to bounce the box.

Thanks for the follow up,
Stefaan

Post #: 30

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> RE: outlook express not working Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts