• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Discussion of ISA Exchange Deployment Kit Beta 2

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Discussion of ISA Exchange Deployment Kit Beta 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discussion of ISA Exchange Deployment Kit Beta 2 - 13.Oct.2003 8:20:00 PM   
tshinder

This thread is for discussing the beta 2 version of the ISA Server 2000 Exchange 2000/2003 Deployment kit article over at http://isaserver.org/articles/isaexchangekitbeta2.html.

Thanks!
Tom

[ October 15, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: tshinder ]
Post #: 1
RE: Discussion of ISA Exchange Deployment Kit Beta 2 - 19.Oct.2003 5:33:00 PM   
tahdnp

Reading through the documentation, there are a couple of areas I am not clear about and hope someone can clarify.

1. If smtp and pop3 are published through ISA is it possible to configure a primary authentication prior to authentication against AD. I am concerned that anyone on the internet will be able to attempt to login against the corporate active directory. I have OWA publishing set up in the test lab and it appears that I can authenticate at the ISA server but am not sure if this is true for SMTP/POP3

2. If SMTP and POP3 are published through ISA is the source IP address of the packet that hits the Exchange server the real IP address of the client out on the internet. If so, is there anyway this source IP address can be translated?

3. We have a firewall config of back to back checkpoint firewalls, which we must keep in place for political reasons. What is the best way of installing an ISA server into this configuration if we intend to publish SMTP/POP3 and OWA.

any help would be appreciated.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Discussion of ISA Exchange Deployment Kit Beta 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts