• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA server in any other port not the 25?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA server in any other port not the 25? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA server ... - 19.Dec.2003 9:53:00 AM   
znavy

one SMTP server in intranet,one ISA server in internet
Post #: 1
RE: how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA ser... - 19.Dec.2003 9:05:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi NavyZhang,

I'm always curious why people like to publish standard services on an unstandard port number. Is there a particular reason to do so?

Thanks,
Stefaan

(in reply to znavy)
Post #: 2
RE: how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA ser... - 20.Dec.2003 3:19:00 AM   
znavy

Thank you for your reply ,because some region's ISP reject to visit the port 25 for preventing the user from spammer, so I must change it to another port to let the user in this region can use my SMTP .
but how to do it ,pls let me know.
Thanks!

(in reply to znavy)
Post #: 3
RE: how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA ser... - 20.Dec.2003 8:07:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi NavyZhang,

so, it are users who want to connect to an unstandard SMTP port number. Right?

Hmm... that can become tricky because ISA server don't support port redirection. That means that the internal SMTP server must run on the same TCP port number as the one you want to publish on.

Assuming you have also to publish the standard SMTP service for accepting inbound mail from the Internet, that would mean you have to run two internal SMTP servers: one for the regular inbound mail from the Internet and one on an unstandard TCP port number for the users.

For the unstandard SMTP service, you'll have to create a custom protocol definition TCP port X inbound where X is the port number you want to use. You have then to use that protocol definition as mapped server protocol in a server publishing rule.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to znavy)
Post #: 4
RE: how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA ser... - 21.Dec.2003 10:36:00 AM   
znavy

Thanks!

(in reply to znavy)
Post #: 5
RE: how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA ser... - 21.Dec.2003 8:07:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi NavyZhang,

glad I could help! [Smile]

Thanks,
Stefaan

(in reply to znavy)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> how to publish the SMTP server through the ISA server in any other port not the 25? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts