• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Howto Block download accelerator?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Howto Block download accelerator? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Howto Block download accelerator? - 12.Apr.2002 12:59:00 PM   
zzz343

Hello
Can anyone tell me how to block some specific downloads softwares? like download accelerator, getright, I also want to disable yahoo voice chatting feauture. How can it possible? does anybody have any solution?
I also have another problem that I have created deny rule for heavy download like .exe, and .zip and some selected protocols , but users ar still accessing above downloads, I also enable ask unidentified users for auhtecitcaion box in outgoign web request, but after checking no body is able to browse, it always asking for password? I have w2000 standalone server+isaserver+sp1
Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Howto Block download accelerator? - 12.Apr.2002 5:02:00 PM   
zamirl

Please ask one question at a time.

Regaring your second problem, I got it too, and I think there is some sort of bug.

Answering your first question, you are not able to limit use of download accelerator since it uese HTTP and FTP for it's downloads.
If you will block those protocol, they will not be able to surf.

You can configure and use bandwidth Priorities to control how much traffic is alocated.

If you liked my answer, rate me !

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 2
RE: Howto Block download accelerator? - 12.Apr.2002 5:50:00 PM   
zzz343

2nd question is not a bug, if you check on ask unidentified users, then it will stop download of ur selected protocols and http content.
I just want to know the how to block ports for download accelerator or getright type application. or if I block .exe will this apply to download accelerator too?

[Smile]
cheers

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 3
RE: Howto Block download accelerator? - 16.Apr.2002 2:53:00 AM   
sdeng

As far as I know it is not possible to block accelerators. Reason: the only thing they do is make multiple connections (IF that server supports "resume" for downloading files). It downloads several pieces of a file and then puts them together again. The only way to do it is block all .exe and .zip etc. traffic, but I suppose that's not what you want. Some sites also use .exe instead of .cgi which means if you visit one of those sites, it will not display it properly while you're not trying to download a file at all!
Hope this answer is good enough...

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 4
RE: Howto Block download accelerator? - 23.Apr.2002 3:00:00 AM   
kyo

Hey i have posted above but nobudy reply me.my friend have run cable net and he have isa server the problem is that on the client side download accelerator and getright not work when i try to download something through DA he give me error that isa server deniey his request so any one pls tell me how can i enable DA or getright in isa server.
thanx

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 5
RE: Howto Block download accelerator? - 25.Apr.2002 3:45:00 PM   
zzz343

D.A works fine on ISA clients w/out any configuration on ISA server. All u have to laod is firewall client, and that's all. Also redirect requests to web server directly in http filter. Try not to force authentication. Also see if Any deny rule is enable for .exe and vise versa.

[Wink]

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 6
RE: Howto Block download accelerator? - 30.Apr.2002 5:20:00 AM   
LGR

Why don't you disable DAP.exe in Firewall client configuration in the ISA Server.

Lfber

(in reply to zzz343)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Howto Block download accelerator? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts