• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FTP problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP problem - 10.Jun.2002 2:35:00 PM   
erica_zhu

I have problem on access FTP in firwall client PC
The setting of my ISA server is:
Protocol rules: allow all IP packets to domain users
Site and content rules: allow IP range from 192.
168.65.1 to 192.168.65.100 to access all destination; allow IP range from 192.168.65.101 to 192.168.65.245 to access some specify destination set only.
My http redirector redirect to the local web proxy service.

My client PC is installed with firewall client, my client PC is login into the domain users and the ip is in the range of 192.168.65.1 to 192.168.65.100, now my cline pc can access any http web site, but when i access ftp web site, such as ftp://xxxxxx, error message said

"HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The login request was denied. The logon account might have been disable or logon information might have changed. Log again to verify that the information was typed correctly. If the proble contiunes, report the problem to the administrator of the Internet server you are requesting. "

I am sure the ftp site have no problem at all, because it works properly without through ISA server.

Any one could tell me what happen, what cause this kind of problem? pls help!

[ June 10, 2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: erica ]
Post #: 1
RE: FTP problem - 11.Jun.2002 7:55:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Erica,

You might try changing from PASV to PORT or vice versa in IE and see if that helps.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP problem - 11.Jun.2002 8:50:00 AM   
erica_zhu

Hi Tom,
How can i change from PASV to PORT in IE, i have read your article "Issues with the Internet Explorer FTP Client", is it just uncheck the option of "Enalbe folder view for FTP sites"?? I have follow your article and uncheck the check box, it works for ftp://ftp.microsoft.com, but for others cannot work. I cilck the check box, can access the ftp site, but after key in user name and password, the toolbar of IE indicate that i am user xxx, and "getting contents of folder", but after wait for a long time, an error message said:

"FTP Folder Error
An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access this folder."

It shows already connect to that ftp site, but nothing shows inside the ftp site. What is wrong with that???

"

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 3
RE: FTP problem - 11.Jun.2002 12:53:00 PM   
erica_zhu

urgent, pls help!

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 4
RE: FTP problem - 11.Jun.2002 10:15:00 PM   
Sprout

Hi Erica - In Internet Explorer choose Tools-Options and check (or deselect if already checked) the box for "Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL Modem Compatibility)" and de-select "Enable folder view for FTP sites." See the following Technet article for more details...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q309816#2

[ June 11, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Sprout ]

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 5
RE: FTP problem - 12.Jun.2002 4:07:00 AM   
erica_zhu

thanks for your information, i got idea on ftp server, but my problem still not solve. There is nothing changes no matter i check or uncheck the option of "Use passive FTP".
When i uncheck to option of "Enable folder view of FTP", i can acess ftp://ftp.microsoft.com and ftp://ftp.tacteam.net in PASV mode, but when i access my company private FTP server (need to enter user name and password), the "HTTP 502 Proxy error" displayed, not even ask me to enter user name and password for FTP server.
But if i check the option of "Enable folder view of FTP", when i access any private FTP server, after promt me to key in user name and password, while IE "getting contents of folder" the "FTP Folder Error" appear.
What i should do????? anybody help???

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 6
RE: FTP problem - 12.Jun.2002 7:03:00 AM   
erica_zhu

i got the solution finally, thanks a lot!

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 7
RE: FTP problem - 12.Jun.2002 7:45:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Erica,

What was the solution?

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 8
RE: FTP problem - 12.Jun.2002 8:30:00 AM   
erica_zhu

The solution is nothing wrong with the PASV or PART mode, nothing to do in the IE setting, i make a mistake in ISA server setting, i include the IP address of my external NIC IP in the LAT, so i just delete the external IP, then the FTP work perfectly in the client computer. I got the idea from another message topic that posted here. Thanks you guys a lot!

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FTP problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts