• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP Error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FTP Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP Error - 11.Jun.2002 5:03:00 AM   
erica_zhu

my pc is installed with firewall client, and go outside through the ISA server, but when i access ftp site, it prompt me to key in the user name and password, after key in those user name and password, in the task bar of IE, it shows that the FTP already recognise i am user xxx, but after wait a long time, an error message said:

" FTP Folder Error
An error occured opening that folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder.

Details:
The operation time out"

who can tell me what cause this problem? how to solve it?? is that any setting that i need to configue in the ISA server?? Thanks all your help.
Post #: 1
RE: FTP Error - 11.Jun.2002 7:50:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Erica,

You can enter alternate credentials in IE, if that's the problem.

Click the File menu and you'll find the command.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP Error - 11.Jun.2002 9:05:00 AM   
erica_zhu

hi, tom
what do you mean by enter alternate credentials in IE? do you mean by login as another users? also cannot, i have try that many times , login as different user account or login as different ftp sites, i still get this error message. If i try to access ftp sites in another client pc which is window 98 installed with firewall client, it keeps prompt me to enter user name and password, but i am sure i enter the correct user name and password, after i enter few tims, that "FTP Folder error" occured again. What is the problem on that?

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 3
RE: FTP Error - 11.Jun.2002 11:34:00 AM   
erica_zhu

i need help urgent, anyone could help me solve this problem??

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 4
RE: FTP Error - 11.Jun.2002 12:01:00 PM   
ben-fox

Hi,Eric
I found a method to solve the problem.
1.Open Internet Explorer. Click the Tools menu, and then click the Internet Options command.
2.Click the Advanced tab. You will see what appears in the figure below.
3.Note the status of the Enable folder view for FTP sites checkbox. When this option is enabled, Internet Explorer sends PASV commands to the FTP server. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox, and Internet Explorer send PORT commands to the FTP Server
The change should take place immediately. If you don’t notice a change, close all instances of Internet Explorer and then open Internet Explorer up again.

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 5
RE: FTP Error - 11.Jun.2002 12:21:00 PM   
erica_zhu

thanks a lot, but after i have remove the option of "enable ftp folder view for FTP site", i can get into ftp://ftp.microsoft.com and ftp://ftp.tacteam.net/isaserver, but when i access my private ftp server (my company ftp server, which require to key in user name and password) error message said:

" The page cannot be displayed.
HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The login request was denied. The logon account might have been disabled or logon information might have changed. "

If i click the check box of "enable ftp folder view for FTP site", i cannot access either public or private ftp server, the "FTP Folder Error" occurred. What is wrong of that?? what other setting i should consider as well???

Pls help!

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 6
RE: FTP Error - 12.Jun.2002 3:14:00 AM   
erica_zhu

anyone can tell me what is wrong? pls! [Confused]

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 7
RE: FTP Error - 12.Jun.2002 3:35:00 AM   
lemonwater925

have you tried command line FTP or a GUI client like WS_FTP ?

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 8
RE: FTP Error - 12.Jun.2002 4:28:00 AM   
erica_zhu

i have try to use command line ftp, everything goes fine, i can login my ftp server successfully. but for IE cannot, why??

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 9
RE: FTP Error - 12.Jun.2002 4:41:00 AM   
erica_zhu

i have try use ftp in command line, i can login, but when i key in comman "dir" or "ls", ftp error said :

"ftp: bind: can't assign requested address"

so what is wrong??

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 10
RE: FTP Error - 12.Jun.2002 6:04:00 AM   
erica_zhu

hei, i found that if i type ftp -a ftp.xxx.com, i can use command "dir" don't get any error.But i am not so understand why i need to add -a in front?? if i need to access in IE? what changes i should make in IE corresponding the -a in DOS??

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 11
RE: FTP Error - 12.Jun.2002 7:00:00 AM   
erica_zhu

yeah! finally i got the solution, it is coz i include the external NIC IP in my ISA LAT, i have delete it, then it works, nothing wrong with the PASV or PORT mode! guys, thanks a lot!

(in reply to erica_zhu)
Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FTP Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts