• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FWC and Users and group access policy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FWC and Users and group access policy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FWC and Users and group access policy - 10.Jul.2002 10:10:00 PM   
Mikeg

Ok, let's see if I can discribe this properly.

Ok I want to use two outbound access rules.

1) I have a group of Staticly IP assigned Workstations that I have set up in a destation set and applied a Protcal rule allowing all I-net traffic outbound to that Set

2) I tried doing the same thing as above but instead of using a destation set I wanted to use specific users and groups, and this does not work.

What am I missing to get #2 to work?

Thank you in advance
Post #: 1
RE: FWC and Users and group access policy - 12.Jul.2002 6:40:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mike,

Its hard to tell what the problem is without knowing all the details of your setup, but the most common reason why Site and Content Rule fail to block outbound access is that there is an anonymous access rule allowing access. Check the book where I talk about Web Proxy clients and anonymous access.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Mikeg)
Post #: 2
RE: FWC and Users and group access policy - 16.Jul.2002 5:01:00 PM   
Mikeg

Tom, I read that section already and everything seem setup correctly.

Maybe I can explain this better.

I have to configure two way for users to get out.

I have one Lab that no matter who uses the computer internet access is granted. So I set that Lab up as static IPs and created a rule that allows that range of staticly assinged IPs outbound internet access. < this works fine >

The second way I want to control outbound access in my other labs by group desination < i.e a securty group >. When I create a rule that allows that security group < i.e Internet Users > Users are still unable to get outbound access. What I'm I missing.

(in reply to Mikeg)
Post #: 3
RE: FWC and Users and group access policy - 16.Jul.2002 7:22:00 PM   
skipster

Is this a domain enviroment, is ISA part of the domain? are you running AD what kind of DNS setup do you have?

(in reply to Mikeg)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FWC and Users and group access policy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts