• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What is this i found in the Firewall log?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> What is this i found in the Firewall log? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is this i found in the Firewall log? - 12.Jul.2002 12:45:00 AM   
skipster

192.168.0.57, bgraves, :3:5.0, Y, 7/11/2002, 14:37:27, fwsrv, SENTINAL, -, -, 68.33.92.141, 20, 407666, 6098582, 0, 0, TCP, Accept, -, -, -, 20000, -, Allow selected, -, 6641, 113183.

If im reading this right it says that bgraves used an application to reach the internet, and the application is :3:5.0, but i've never heard of any app with that name. 68.33.92.141 is a site that is hosting an FTP server.
Post #: 1
RE: What is this i found in the Firewall log? - 12.Jul.2002 10:38:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Skip,

you should definitely read my article http://www.isaserver.org/pages/articles.asp?art=323 [Big Grin]

The application ':3:5.0' seems to be unknown (no name). Those numbers tell you which operating system the client is using.

This log entry say that the FTP data connection has been closed normally. So, nothing strange about it.

BTW --- to better understand the ISA logs, check out the ISA help file (search for 'log') and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284818 .

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to skipster)
Post #: 2
RE: What is this i found in the Firewall log? - 12.Jul.2002 10:43:00 PM   
skipster

Cool thanks Stefaan, i will read it. you have been a big help to in this newsgroup

(in reply to skipster)
Post #: 3
RE: What is this i found in the Firewall log? - 12.Jul.2002 11:09:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Skip,

thanks for the kind words. ISA is really fascinating me. Although I'm a pure networking guy, I must admit MS have created a great product, certainly for a first release. It's not perfect - Checkpoint neither [Razz] - but correctly implemented, I find it the right product for a lot of customers.

Thanks,
Stefaan

(in reply to skipster)
Post #: 4
RE: What is this i found in the Firewall log? - 12.Jul.2002 11:18:00 PM   
skipster

Me to, just when i thought i had a good handle on ISA, it never fails that there is so much more for me to learn. ISA is solid, but you must learn it, and how it behaves. At first glance it seems like a simple product, but the more you use it, the more you find out that its just the oppsoite. I think this is the problem that some people face when they are trying to learn ISA. It is not a black and white product.

(in reply to skipster)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> What is this i found in the Firewall log? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts