Firewall Client Error! Help! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

Elizabeth -> Firewall Client Error! Help! (3.Sep.2002 6:09:00 PM)

Hi all,

When I try update the Client Firewall I receive the message:

"Server suddenly disconnected. Possible cause: The client version may not be supported version of client software."

What¦s wrong?

Thanks

Elizabeth

rmatthewcole -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (4.Sep.2002 3:09:00 PM)

This is the exact same error message I was getting last week on my ISA Server. Our server had been running fine for months with no changes and we suddenly started getting this message. Does your web proxy service still work as expected? If so, it sounds like you have the same problem. The only thing I could find to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall ISA. Let me know how you make out..

Elizabeth -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (4.Sep.2002 3:29:00 PM)

Hi,

This happened because, if you installed SP1, is recommended that reinstall the client. The SP1 updated the client in ISA server but the previous installation in client not.
So, you have to uninstall and install or execute the firewall client setup and select repair.

I hope help you!

Elizabeth

jgisler -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (27.Sep.2002 10:37:00 PM)

I'm having the same errors. Was running fine for months. I tried the repair thing, no go. Tried removal & re-install of client, still doesn't.

This is all relative to deny rules for me. If I make any deny rules, the firewall client can no longer communicate with the ISA server. As soon as I remove the rule, all is well. This is absolutely unacceptable as a firewall. Strange thing is, my *nix firewalls don't do this. I have done a fresh install of win2k Adv. Server w/SP3 along with ISA w/SP1. Same issue occures. Anyone experience anything similar? [Roll Eyes]

lemonwater925 -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (29.Sep.2002 3:23:00 PM)

Check out this article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271471

tshinder -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (30.Sep.2002 8:08:00 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by jgisler:
I'm having the same errors. Was running fine for months. I tried the repair thing, no go. Tried removal & re-install of client, still doesn't.

This is all relative to deny rules for me. If I make any deny rules, the firewall client can no longer communicate with the ISA server. As soon as I remove the rule, all is well. This is absolutely unacceptable as a firewall. Strange thing is, my *nix firewalls don't do this. I have done a fresh install of win2k Adv. Server w/SP3 along with ISA w/SP1. Same issue occures. Anyone experience anything similar? [Roll Eyes]

Hi J,

Sounds like a name resolution issue to me. Make sure the clients can resolve the name of the ISA Server to the internal address of the ISA Server.

HTH,
Tom

Elizabeth -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (2.Oct.2002 3:00:00 PM)

Hi,

The error persist. Sometimes the FW icon appears whit a red exclamation sometimes not.

The error message: the server is not responding when a client requests an update.

Somebody help me!

Thanks [Mad]

spouseele -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (2.Oct.2002 9:13:00 PM)

Hi Elizabeth,

can you tell us more what is between the firewall client and the ISA server (hubs, routers, switches, ...) ? Is some unusual software installed on the pc? ....

HTH,
Stefaan

tshinder -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (3.Oct.2002 5:09:00 PM)

Hey guys,

I find when name resolution is not working, the firewall client will intermittantly fail.

HTH,
Tom

Elizabeth -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (7.Oct.2002 8:28:00 PM)

Hi,

So, What I have to do to resolve name resolution to resolve this problem?

I did so many things that I don¦t know more what to do.

Thanks

Elizabeth

tshinder -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (8.Oct.2002 12:35:00 AM)

Hi Elizabeth,

You need to make sure clients can use DNS and/or WINS to resolve the name of the internal interface of the ISA Server. That means checking up on your WINS/DNS infrastrucutre on the internal network.

HTH,
Tom

DAZ -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (24.Oct.2002 9:49:00 PM)

You also may want to check the firewall logs for a lot of traffic to UDP port 137. This is a symptom of the OPASERV virus. It eats up all the UDP ports and doesn't allow any traffic through the firewall, although the Web Proxy works just fine. Also, all the firewall clients will show that the ISA Server is inaccessible.

A single machine infected with this virus can take down the firewall in no time.

DAZ -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (24.Oct.2002 9:50:00 PM)

You also may want to check the firewall logs for a lot of traffic to UDP port 137. This is a symptom of the OPASERV virus. It eats up all the UDP ports and doesn't allow any traffic through the firewall, although the Web Proxy works just fine. Also, all the firewall clients will show that the ISA Server is inaccessible.

A single machine infected with this virus can take down the firewall in no time.

Elizabeth -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (24.Oct.2002 9:53:00 PM)

What I have to do to block it?

Thanks

Elizabeth

jvc -> RE: Firewall Client Error! Help! (31.Dec.2003 5:52:00 PM)

ok, I got this Firewall Client disconnecting thing cracked.

It was MSBLAST!

We pushed the client to a few people yesterday and one of them had MSBLAST.
The FW logfile was HUGE and listed the msblast.exe executable.

Simply went to that person and cleaned up their laptop.

I would imagine any virus that uses tcp/ip or rpc type hacks would hammer the proxy if firewall client was turned on.

Page: [1]