• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Express

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Outlook Express Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Express - 9.Jan.2003 3:05:00 PM   
LD ISA user

Hi,

I installed ISA server and are using destination sets. My internet is blocked except for those site, mentioned in the destination sets. Everything works fine...

Now my kids (using those sets) are complaining, that Outlook Express is not working. Searching the Microsoft site I dicovered, that Microsoft knows about this "authentication" problem. Outlook Express and ISA are not working together properly. They also placed 4 methodes to "fix" the problem. None of those methodes works for me. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247335)

Is there any change to use Outlook together with a restricted internet access?
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Express - 9.Jan.2003 7:40:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi LD,

I've got it working. What you need to do is configure the MSN sites for Direct Access. Configure both *.msn.com and *.hotmail.com for Direct Access, then configure the browsers to use the Autoconfiguration script.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to LD ISA user)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook Express - 9.Jan.2003 9:23:00 PM   
LD ISA user

Oke, I added those sites in "client configuration" -> "Direct Access" and checked on the "General" tab (web browser) the "set web browser etc".
Do I need the "Use default Url" of "Use custom Url". Well, in both ways I still got the error message that I can not download the mail.

Do I have to set something on the clients? they are already proxy clients.

I is still anoying that is won't work.. [Frown]

Post #: 3
RE: Outlook Express - 9.Jan.2003 11:32:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi LD,

If you've set up WPAD records, you can set the browser to "automatically detect settings". If you don't have WPAD entries configured (and you'll know if you do, since you would have had to do so manually in DNS or DHCP), then copy and paste the default URL into the browser text box after selecting the "use automatic configuration script".

Make sure the machine is configured as a SecureNAT and/or Firewall client, since it needs some way to get to the internet that doesn't involve the Web Proxy service.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Outlook Express Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts