• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

confusion!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> confusion! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
confusion! - 24.Feb.2003 5:28:00 PM   
seamusq

Hi,

I have changed from demand dial ISDN to leased line for Internet/Email connection. I think I have configured everything correctly but I can't seem to allow VPN clients in (I get a message on the client about the server not responding). The server is running SBS2000 with two NIC's. Also all Win9x clients on the network get an error message about no domain controller available at login but all the W2K clients login fine !

Please help I think I am going mad !
Post #: 1
RE: confusion! - 24.Feb.2003 6:47:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Poley,

What errors do you see in the Event Log? The configuration is very specific for SBS, as you're running all services on the same machine, which is also a DC. Did you use the procedures for DNS installation as shown in the article on running ISA Server on a DC over at www.isaserver.org/shinder?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to seamusq)
Post #: 2
RE: confusion! - 24.Feb.2003 7:43:00 PM   
seamusq

Tom,

I checked out that article and I am happy that DNS is functioning ok.

About the event log, I sometimes get a message telling me that a VPN client could not connect within the time allowed. I am not getting any error messages about the Win9x clients.

(in reply to seamusq)
Post #: 3
RE: confusion! - 24.Feb.2003 8:26:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Poley,

So everything works OK with Win2k clients but not with 9x clients? If so, make sure that there are no "hard coded" DNS/WINS server addresses on the 9x clients, as those will override anything the ISA/VPN server delivers to them. You might need to create an LMHOSTS file to help them log on.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to seamusq)
Post #: 4
RE: confusion! - 24.Feb.2003 9:03:00 PM   
seamusq

Tom,

There is no hard coding all WINS/DNS info is from the DHCP server. If I ignore the message about not being able to login to the domain the Win9x clients are able to ping other PC's and the server by name. You can see why I am confused !

Poley

(in reply to seamusq)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> confusion! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts