• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Basic and Integrated Authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Basic and Integrated Authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Basic and Integrated Authentication - 16.May2003 6:51:00 AM   
bhorner

Hi,

I am trying to get Netscape 7 to gain access to web via our ISA firewall. I understand that I need to enable Basic Authentication for Netscape to work, however, does that work in conjunction with Integrated Authentication?

We predominantly use IE but need to use Netscape sometimes also to test programs being developed here. Can I enable both types of Authentication and still have IE use Integrated? Netscape and IE are installed on the same machines.

Thanks very much,

Ben.
Post #: 1
RE: Basic and Integrated Authentication - 16.May2003 8:48:00 AM   
bhorner

Ok I have found the answer to my previous question. However, we have a serious problem with our Netscape Browsers!

If the user turns off the proxy config within Netscape and makes it a direct connection it connects straight through ISA and to any site they want! If you disable the Firewall Client internet access is denied.

Has anyone else experienced this???

Thanks,
Ben

(in reply to bhorner)
Post #: 2
RE: Basic and Integrated Authentication - 16.May2003 4:55:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ben,

Configure the HTTP Redirector to drop requests from Firewall and SecureNAT clients and that will stop those user dead in their tracks [Smile]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to bhorner)
Post #: 3
RE: Basic and Integrated Authentication - 21.May2003 3:31:00 AM   
bhorner

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I have your book and it is great. You are right that will fix it! [Smile]

However, we have a Software Update Server in our DMZ and we were told that we need to set the HTTP Redirector to Send to Requested Web Server to enable Direct Access. So we did that and now we have this problem.

Can you shed any light on this? [Confused]
We need to be able to reject/force unauthenticated requests while enabling access to the SUS server in the DMZ.

Thanks,
Ben

(in reply to bhorner)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Basic and Integrated Authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts