• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

firewall client, 2nd nic to private ftp

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> firewall client, 2nd nic to private ftp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
firewall client, 2nd nic to private ftp - 16.May2003 10:30:00 PM   
nickprice

Hi,

This one has me foxed - which isn't saying much as I certainly don't know isa and the fc in depth...- so I'm hoping someone can help!

I have an ISA server (2 nics; private & wan) and fc clients on a small private LAN (lan#1, 192.168.1.x); all machines have the fc client installed and all works well.

A few of the client machines have a 2nd nic in them to connect to a seperate small private lan solely to connect to an ftp server (lan#2, 191.168.3.x).

Currently the fc client forwards all calls inc ftp to the isa on lan#1; what I'd like is for the fc client to be configured to locally forward everything inc ftp to the isa server on lan#1, unless it's in the lan#2 IP range, in which case it goes to the lan#2 nic.

Is this possible, and if so, please enlighten me as to how! And if not, are there any workarounds (3rd nic in isa?).

I hope I've explained this well enough! Please excuse my ignorance here...

Many thanks!

NickP
Post #: 1
RE: firewall client, 2nd nic to private ftp - 19.May2003 2:18:00 AM   
AHIT

If yuo add a 3rd NIC to the ISA machine, odds are that those clients you DONT want to have access will get it anyway as ISA will route the traffic to the FTP Server.
If however you add the IP address range 182.168.3.x to your LAT.
That way the FWC won't then try and control/route all traffic and it'll fall back on the routing table on the local machine.

HTH!

(in reply to nickprice)
Post #: 2
RE: firewall client, 2nd nic to private ftp - 22.May2003 9:57:00 AM   
nickprice

Thank you for that; adding the IP range to the LAT seems to work with requests for that range falling back to the local machine as you suggested.
Cheers,
NickP

(in reply to nickprice)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> firewall client, 2nd nic to private ftp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts