• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to use Firewall Client for various application

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> How to use Firewall Client for various application Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use Firewall Client for various application - 11.Jun.2003 1:57:00 PM   
deepakshah

I need help to use firewall client for various application.I installed firewall client on desktop pc and now I want to use it for following application but it is not happening.

1)Web browsing:
It doesn't happen & I need to specify in IE about proxy server Ip and due to that it passes through web proxy service my ISAserver is in Integrated Mode.

2)Yahoo Messanger:
I selected SOCK4 in yahoo messanger with Ip address of ISA server and default port 1080 to connect to yahoo messanger but it didn't connected.When I tried with IP and proxy port in proxy config yahoo messanger got connected but again it pass through web proxy service.

3)I tried ftp command to web site on Internet from my desktop but it goes to my default gateway it is not intercepted by firewall client and it is failing.

Please advice how to use all this application through firewall client.

My desktop is using default gateway as my router lan port and it is not Secure NAT client and My ISA server internal port and my desktop are in same lan subnet so no lan routing issue.There is no DNS server in Desktop config.

Thanks in Advance
DEEPAK

I able to Solve yahoo messanger.In my protocol rule ony Internet protocol FTP,FTP download,HTTP and Goper were allowed.I change this to all IP traffic and it worked.
There is a application filter SOCK4 which allows me to stop this and I check that after disabling that it stops working.However,to make sock4 to work I selected all IP traffic.Is there any other way ?

[ June 11, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: deepakshah ]
Post #: 1
RE: How to use Firewall Client for various application - 25.Jun.2003 4:16:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Deepak,

The firewall client automatically intercepts all TCP and UDP communications. You don't need to configure the app's to use it. The Firewall client is completely transparent to them. DO NOT configure the clients to use a proxy of any kind.

HTH<
Tom

(in reply to deepakshah)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> How to use Firewall Client for various application Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts