• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP problems with IE

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FTP problems with IE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP problems with IE - 19.Jun.2003 11:54:00 AM   
GuiJah

Hi everybody,

i've installed and configured ISA server on my network. I've choose integrated mode and the clients are using the FW client.
all works fine except one thing.

when i tried to connect with IE to a FTP site which require a un-anonymous authentification, it failed.

I've made some capture with Ethereal and i've saw that IE just made an anonymous login, the server denied this access but IE don't display the logon dialog box.
I've tried to disable the FW client and to acces directly to the Internet and i've the same problem.
I've tried to connect to this FTP site with a station which don't use ISA and it works.

Have anyone an idea to solve this ?

[ June 19, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: GuiJah ]
Post #: 1
RE: FTP problems with IE - 19.Jun.2003 10:31:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi GuiJah,

check out my article http://www.isaserver.org/articles/How_the_FTP_protocol_Challenges_Firewall_Security.html , especially section '4.4. Web Proxy client'. Also, if authentication is required try the following syntax: ftp://userid:password@ftp.company.com .

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to GuiJah)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP problems with IE - 20.Jun.2003 9:28:00 AM   
GuiJah

hi spouseele,

thanks for your answer.

I've found the solution with a good formed URL from the beginning, but I thing it isn't the best solution for my users.

I've also read the article, but I didn't found an idea to solve my problem of authentification.

I want that IE open the logon box if an authentification is needed.

And there something strange, if I use a workstation with the same version of IE BUT where I haven't installed the FWC, it works fine. If installed FWC and uninstall it after, it don't work anymore. I don't understand why.

Have you an idea ?

(in reply to GuiJah)
Post #: 3
RE: FTP problems with IE - 21.Jun.2003 3:14:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi GuiJah,

I remember that during my FTP tests for that article I've seen that behaviour too. However, I have no explanation or workaround for it. So, if you find it out, please let us know.

BTW --- if I need full FTP access, I always use an real FTP client not IE! [Wink]

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to GuiJah)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> FTP problems with IE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts